Saturday, April 20, 2024

 

dd 4 20
So yesterday it was Hunts rehab we've been there about two weeks ago with the donkey and pony--- very popular so this day it was the two dogs with noodle for the exciting thing to talk about and he was exciting he was terrific it -----the operation works like this ---JUDY DRIVING....we pull up in front of the place as close as we can get to the door and I get out with my Walker and two dogs ---many times lockie on leash  and sizzle  following and we go on in and I have them lie down in the lobby and I sit on my Walker which has a seat attached -or proceed to the “gathering room”.----- Judy goes and parks the car and comes in with that sack full of paraphernalia that we need for this operation from poop pickers to treats to frying pans all of that stuff and she had noodles on a leash well I went all the way in and sat down and it was quite a while before Judy got there so I rambled on a little bit for the few people that had already gotten there and finally Judy arrives with the great flurry now there's a name for a dog any rate she comes in and immediately starts in with her rambling which is hysterical” good morning everybody how we feeling this morning and everybody have their coffee this morning and isn't that a pretty shirt. that's a nice color and are those new sneakers that you got she goes on and on and on and it is amusing to me but I've heard it before so after 10 minutes of this something else takes over,,

 

now I've been up since about two. AM. .. probably had a cup of coffee by three found something to eat by about four written the daily doggy hopefully sometimes written something check my emails and the weather and the henny penny sales at any rate I generally by 7:00 in the morning I have had what my body thinks is lunch and I'm really ready for a little nap which would ordinarily be somebody's early morning nap.   but I'm out dressed in the car and at hunts nursing home but that didn't stop it from being my nap time so I began to nod off amid a circle of about 20 people many of them younger than I who are at various stages of also nodding off...  now the problem there becomes larkey..  is his attitude if I'm working you're working and he came up to me apparently put his head under my chin and gave a quick upward snap nearly broke my neck but I woke me up big time and it was pretty funny Judy saw it exactly what was going on she could hardly stop laughing I don't think everybody noticed but larkey sure did... he's like that though------- I should not be sleeping while sitting in a chair or someplace and he is very quick to say so now I did not train him to do that but that's basically him alerting me to the fact that something is happening that he does not understand and would I please wake up and take care of it...  So with effort  I stayed awake for the remaining 30 minutes and made it home to take a proper nap in my chair.  

 

I don't know and it frightens me to wonder how many of these people we see are  not normally napping but are basically in a medically induced sleep as I was a couple months ago when the medication I was given for my itching skin was far too relaxing..    I have stopped taking that medication and it took me almost a week before I could once again do a #4 sudoku puzzle..   so these little pills that you swallow so willingly can easily affect more than you intend them to affect. 

And then you drive?....  OR VOTE??????