Sunday, April 21, 2024

 dfd 4 21

Dd 4 21. Food

I get all sorts of early morning brainstorms at 2:00 in the morning and I really am enthusiastic by about 4:00 with some idea or another So that by the time I get up I've exhausted myself and don't get to carry it forth today's brainstorm I've tried very hard to start early I've heard rumors Gwen is coming up from the Carolinas.  Gwen is noted for being super organized and accomplishes a great deal ----last time she was here she tackled the problem of food which is a good topic but I think we need to address it more scientifically..  I ended up with an awful lot of macaroni and cheese which I rarely eat..  so I propose that she write a book how I fed my 86 year old mother... and it really would have to start with sit her down and figure out what she wants to eat in the first place......macaroni and cheese goes just so far.. and I become painfully aware that the slippery factor is a big one..  putting it mildly I don't swallow quite as easily as I once did and very nearly bought the farm the other night over a piece of meat.  With gwen's organization I think she could put out a very entertaining and useful book.  Gwen is super good at that kind of thing..... if she manages figure out how to display our finances at the same time that would be very useful also...  it's all very straight in my head and janine's head but accounting type people do like to have plot plans or whatever you call them.

 

Succotash--   Lima beans and corn---  I do like that so this morning I'm going to try and cook up and bag a bunch of that and see how I make out..  A big problem in the food department is that quantities of things are not figured in half cup sizes which is about the size of what I eat so somehow prepackaging that's got to be part of this deal and I do like those seal a meal plastic that bags.

 

so often at 4:00 in the afternoon I wish that I had started one of those suvee steaks which I could then eat at supper time but I never managed to get it started appropriately..  except today in the sink there is the SUV cooker with a beautiful piece of prime New York sirloin...  last time I cooked that I used 134° and it was good but a little too done so this time I'm doing 130..  This being Sunday there is no mail call so you won't get to see how I make out and by tomorrow I probably will have forgotten.  unless somebody asks me...

I do know that the 4 inch plastic cups with instant Idaho mashed potatoes are wonderful I think someone sent us those and I will be trying to find more of them.. with a hunk of butter or a spoon of sour cream they are elegant.

 

Moving on... with one other perfect “find”.   That young man who has been raking our driveway is doing a super job---so I asked around... he is related to Wallace ( the ex-bullrider) who works training horses in the area,... Wallace is wonderful---( and super strong). He came in the cabin to say hello and I asked if  he would plan to roll up my ( urine soaked) rug so I could get it cleaned... with that he picked up my 400 pound desk and got the rug out and rolled—not a problem...with that concept in let us not lose track of the young man raking.... every farm needs access to at least one  lift and carry type person.  If it ain’t rugs, it is hay that needs lifting...

 

On todays menuis ---- no trips.. no judy --- so we have the day off. ( we being lachey sizzle and noodle)


as for a name the foal--- i like to wait til we have a live whealthy foal on the ground before we start the naminmg game....