Thursday, April 18, 2024

 dd 4 18

Dd 4 18

Somewhere in the course of this building's history  there was a young man maybe a new leak graduated from college whatever who ended up living in the cabin---for whatever reason--and he had a very strange hobby of collecting pennies and he had milk jugs lining the sitting room..  which sounds totally useless until you had somebody's birthday and you could very easily go pick out 10 pennies from the year of their birth without any problem and it was extremely unique way of celebrating anybody's birthday.. 

 

Fast forward to 2024 and puppyhood...   all the mutual milk jugs have gone and the only milk jug that remains is 1943. which was the year there were silver pennies...  not only does this milk chug remain but for about two weeks I have had the lid to something that looked very familiar and couldn't remember what it was until these white pennies began to appear under my chairs and on the floor and in my boots all 1943 and then I remembered he had a whole gallon of those and the lid that he kept it in was not the normal milk chug but it had a wide mouth just the size of a puppy's head I can't tell if the puppy has swallowed any of these but those white pennies are all over the place now..  Judy has checked one or two of them because apparently there is one that's worth a whole lot of money 1943 and some letter on it or something I don't know..  I haven't found the jug yet ----well I'm sure that's what the lid is and all of these pennies that are appearing...  are all 1943.

Does anybody out there in camera land have any idea what we should be looking for in this gallon of 1943 pennies?

I would hate to have noodles swallow a penny that was worth $17,000 because it had a funny date ..  Judy just slipped a note under my nose that said maybe the date would be 1944 which would be worth $1,000,000 can we get an opinion on that one???

 

This cabin has been home to a raft of newly graduated college people who haven't quite gotten their full stride yet.. but now looking back 20 years or so it's an amazing group of people--- most of them we're gwen's friends. who had. graduated from Kenyon College in Ohio... janine's collection of friends seemed to come from BU... and had been also graduates of my animal episodes business where they were chicken watchers or some such as a moneymaker for the newly graduated masters or PhD looking for a job ... it was out of that bunch the penny person was here for a while.

 

Movie guide for the day we have a dog job at 10:00 at a place I haven't been to before but it was very fancy joint also very well organized because they insist on rabies tests not too sure why but what the heck we do carry that in the glove compartment of the car.. but there is a guy there from Georgetown whose wife visits him every day and reads him the newspaper. and that's all I can remember I'm hoping the receptionist at this place can remember who that is so we can be sure we go and visit him Charles.

 

after that I'm hoping somebody shows up to give me an estimate on the roof..   I requested an estimate from the outfit that seemed to be the oldest...  as recommended by all my camera people     len.  Somebody. 50 years in business

let us pray.