Saturday, April 13, 2024

 dd 4 12 

 Beginning to gather information on roofers—anybody out there have any words of wisdom???it seems with this 5 star yelping bit  they are either 5 star or 1. Which boils down to it either “still leaks”... or it is fixed....

I am happy to report Elizabeth is down to three buckets that's three manure buckets from 7 this is progress..  but I've started asking around about the fixing of roofs.. and once I even sneezed in that direction I am inundated with roofing ads unbelievable how fast the word gets round.... I still would like to see what the building inspector has to say or who he might refer..  and I always wanna check with Jeff Masterson who has been around the block twice. one comment I picked up somewhere along the line was the 1st question you want to ask anybody who does roofing is how long have you been in business that's a strange question to be first but any rate I do notice there are two in this area who started back in the 1970s.. so out of the blue I've called one to ask if he wouldn't come up and give an opinion and an estimate.

 

I know that giving an estimate is part of any business process.. but to me I always feel badly knowing I'm not going to hire him that day at any rate.. 

 

The daily doggy crowd is certainly extremely valuable when I  need some odd piece of information because somebody out there is bound to have it......And there are two camera people out there who had a leaky roof and hired somebody to come fix it one of them charged $1700 the other one charged $1200 and in both cases the roof still leaks... that in itself is enough to scare  me  away from the whole project , Between water doing what water does and gravity pulling everything downhill the topic of leaky roof is not  a simple one//even though in this particular case the holes in the roof could be measured with a yardstick.    Anybody have any advice on “the repair of roofs” ???

 

Somebody warned me --- if the guy gets  up on the roof to look around, consider his weight because he might be causing the leaks where there are none.. the relationship between water and roofs is a very pequiliar one.