Tuesday, April 16, 2024

 dd 4 16

Dd 4 16

Heaven help me from the roofers  -- I did get a few who were pleased... but the majority were “look out for....”

 

My super report today is  for dawn- dishwashing,,,,, I had heard that dawn killed fleas by doing something about ruining their chemical organization..  and at the moment I see nothing to disagree with that.  noodle is at my feet and ordinarily he would have scratched at least a half a dozen times by now and he hasn't done anything so it would look like if he did have a flea or two they may have flown the coop so to speak...

 

I could remember---- here we go again---my mother always added a cup of ammonia to every wash load just on general principles the guard against whatever living creatures any of us might have brought home... I had two sisters who were not as active as I with animals but still it could happen... there was a theater in town --a movie theater that we were not supposed to go to...   there were two theaters on mothers approved list but that one we were not supposed to go..

however frannie and I one day went it was a warm day and since we had such long hair we just flipped it over the back of the seats while we watched the movie.. and guess what we came home with...  nits...  and back then the chemicals weren't quite as good as they are now so it required a nit shampoo and a comb with a very fine comb... which was exceedingly painful with our long hair..  my mother did not have much sympathy as we shouldn't have been there in the first place.. 

when my own children we're of grade school age... I lived in fear of having one of them sent home with a note so they said they had bugs..  so just on general principles every month or two I would buy the special shampoo to take care of nits just in case...  I always said I was probably the only mother who could be fairly sure that her kids did not have any..  and then you get down to the nitty gritty of I've had a worm all the animals in the barn and why did I think my children were any different so they got wormed every few months too and they're both very healthy....

 

just on general principles...  like picking up a mattress or a bed or stuffed sofa--off the street-----  I try only to do that when the temperature is well below 32°..  because I am told by them as  seems to know--- that bedbugs will not survive being frozen-   and so far that does seem to work.  

 

So much for the delicacies of being rightly considered just one more animal. I always wondered why veterinarians insisted that the horses be wormed every six months or something and the dogs that were two buns yeah my pediatrician never said a word I figured they're hiding that wormer and some instant medication like gummy bears.

 

At the moment, I have a donkey job about 2 this afternoon and no one to go with me,,,  deb???? Anne???? Somebody????


and costco determines that a chicken with green muscle disease is ok to eat.... really????