Friday, April 19, 2024

 dd 4 19


dd 4 19 

You old timers remember the 19th when we used to take a cake to the fire department before somebody passed some sort of suggestion that they don't accept anything edible or anything anyway or whatever and they ruined all the fun but there are a lot of firemen out there who ate a lot of cake that we gave them on the 19th of the month.

 

so today's job is hunt rehab center somehow there's two rehab centers on the same hill one is addiction rehab and the other is some sort of physical rehab we are doing the physical rehab.. last time we were there we had the donkey and and something else I think 2 donkeys today we will take the two dogs and our one little puppy

 

noodle  was absolutely spectacular yesterday.. off leash behaving on the button. stay by me until Judy makes a noise with her frying pan and we tell him to to go and he runs like crazy all the way across the ring of people which is 30 feet maybe ---eats the cookie and it turns around and he runs back to me.. this is a sharp little dog ... He knows to keep track of us where I am where Judy is and where locky is.. wow because when all else fails he runs for lackey------- for the first few minutes... their staff kept him on leash. but then I suggested we just take it off because he seemed so relaxed and knowing what he was doing so we remove the leash and he was on his own and he did fine he worked the crowd pretty well and crowd that there was it was our first time at this particular rehab center.  We were asked to go there by a woman we met in the Georgetown senior  center. As our troupe is getting better known, we can get to our goal of 100 people a week, and hardly travel 8 miles in any direction...  basically essex county..

 

I don’t dare ask for any local support from “big” donors until I am free of any legal mess—lin the meantime you all are doing fine at keeping me in gas money--- plus those odd things that go with pet ownership---  I walked into the local vet—who 20 years ago said they did not service great danes  for such big dogs..  going in as a new pet owner I got the full treatment including a shadow sheet of paper on how to house break a puppy and things like that so I'm kind of keeping track of that to see what just what it would cost for the old person to get a puppy out of rescue and end up in the veterinarians office for shots////

so far I have been required to pay $50 to sign up to be part of their practice and that $50 would get applied to my first visit so I gave them my credit card and prayed the next time I went it was for the first of a series of shots primarily parvo and things like that and he listened to the heart and looked at the teeth and moved all the limbs and things like that and everything was fine $134..  and they gave me a heartworm pill which would also kill fleas..  and on the receipt for all this was my next appointment at 9:00 yesterday where he gave hIM the second shot ..  That was $164 and on the receipt what is my appointment for the next one a couple of weeks down the road..  I don't mind paying for the knowledge these veterinarians have in their heads what I have beginning to add up and object to is the guy who came along and gave them a course in how to build your practice and how to make people come back-- how do take advantage of the emotional attachment to the dog or cat or whatever and I can see that this practice..  is well attuned with that.   We'll see how far I can go with that before I get out the catalog where the same shot that they're charging $60.00 for iS $1.89 ON AMAZON..... well maybe $8.34---  point being made...

 

and we haven’t even got to the rabies shot at 12 weeks that is mandatory— I will fund this  fun for the moment...