Sunday, April 28, 2024

 DD. 4 28


Dd 4 28

Noodle has had a rough morning .  He does not understand why people haven't figured out that when there are puppies in the house every up has a down----and regardless of where you put things---UP-----gravity with the help of puppies will make them go “down”----and in this morning's case he really didn't mean to pick up a wire along with his mashed water bottle... but that caused the tripod usually holding the camera to go down big time.... Not only that but the one camera became two pieces of Camera. And then it didn't move at all so noodle ran for my feet... and just laid there staring at the two pieces of camera lying so quietly on the floor..

” . I thought it must have died it didn't move.... And to make matters worse carlene has started telling me “down”--- and making me lie with my tummy on the floor...  until she says “noodle come” which is what I'm supposed to get up and run and see if she has any cookies.    it is very confusing..   there seems to be no point in  tummy “down”  and tummy “up”..  But the ways of humans are very strange..    I did have a lovely run around at a place she calls Meredith----with lockie and sizzle I found out there are birds to chase even if you never catch them---

I had trouble keeping up with lockie but I tried my best with my 4 little legs.. . Then we all rode around in the car while they tied An old piece of chain link fence to the back of our car.. so we could drive around in the places they keep the horses.. Until we rode into a place where there was a lot of water... Carlene’s car does not swim well.  So we had to get Mr. Meredith to come along with his great big odd  looking yellow vehicle...  To pull us backwards out of the mud... after which we drove around all the pastures while we dragged that chain link behind us--to spread out the “clumppies “and make the pastures all pretty again......

Then we went to a really strange place where they keep bunches of  people in funny chairs with wheels. .   I love going to those places because the people in those funny chairs have a frying pan where  they put treats. Fun .. but reallllly weird..... Mine is not to reason why”

 

Back to reality--  eventually we will get goldies farm equine rescue network, the veterans project, and a few other projects all in order and be able to set up some kind of budget---    the hay bill is a constant---  there is no variation---if you have a bunch of equines you must have hay--  and thankfully our camera crowd is taking care of that very nicely because we do use 70 to 100  bales  a week depending on the size of the bales ----that is a constant—however...    the variables like veterinary visits, fly covers, and  blacksmiths  are covered by the henny penny contributions---- and I am happy to give you a specific list of expenses   AS LONG AS YOU DON’T INSIST ON ACCOUNTING TYPE ACCURACY....

We have an official accountant to prepare our paperwork for the IRS pretty much on a yearly basis which is exceedingly expensive,,,   if I run this stuff off in a spreadsheet I really don't want to bother worry about the balance is being off by a $1.02.. BUT IT CERTAINLY WOULD GIVE YOU SOME IDEA—LIKE--- THESE PLACES ARE THRILLED WITH OUR DONKEY AND HORSE---THAT WAS DEPENDENT ON MY SPENDING ? $1040 GETTING THE TRAILER   UPDATED AND PAPERWORK DONE...  PLUS THE ENTIRE FARM SHOWS A  NEGLECT FROM A COUPLE YEARS OF IGNORING “STUFF”.

HOW SIGNIFICANT? YOU MAY ASK???  WE HIRED A 40 YARD DUMPSTER WHICH WE FILLED IN ABOUT 3 DAYS. – I DON’T KNOW WHAT THE BILL IS FOR THAT – BUT I KNOW “TRASH” DEMANDS A SIGNIFICANT PART OF OUR BUDGET---  THAT IS JUST ONE...

??H.R.PAPERWORK???? .... AND IF YOU WANT TO GET INTO HUMAN RESOURCES TYPE STUFF,  OSHA WOULD NEVR APPROVE MY  HOURS- MORE LIKE 14 HOUR DAYS  7 DAYS A WEEK....AND WHEN PUPS WERE BEING BORN IT WAS 24 HOUR DAYS... DID I GO ANYWHERE????  REFRESH MY MEMORY... 

   I THINK.... WHEN YOU TALK OF HOURS AND  VACATIONS...... I THINK I HAVE TAKEN 3 DAYS OFF IN THE PAST 22 YEARS... I WENT TO SEE SANDY ONE WEEKEND ... I DON’T REMEMBER ANY OTHER “TIME OFF”  EVEN IF I AM ALSO A VOLUNTEER

P.S. DON’T BOTHER  WITH THE PITY PART--- YOU WOULD HAVE TO DRAG ME SCREAMING TO GET ME ON A CRUISE SHIP- AND AN AIRPLANE IS NOT MUCH BETTER..... THO SANDY AND I DID HAVE FUN !!

 

at the moment.. we are flying by the seat of our pants--- AND MY THANKS TO ALL WHO KEEP US “KEEPING ON” AS YOU SO OFTEN PUT IT...

AND MANY THANKS TO CLOUD FOR ILLIUSTRATING OUR SENIOR HOME VISITS