Monday, December 7, 2020

dec 7 2020 santa frank

  

2020 12 8

 

We get too soon old and too late smart.   ? Amish????

I am very comfortable trying to figure out how to get the cement up on top of the roof at 50 degrees but I cannot work the remote that instructs my Bedroom heater what to do because right now I think it's blowing air conditioning at me and I don't understand it ---I don't see where I can find a bunch of directions on how to push buttons it doesn't make any sense to me ..


 however this event on the roof is another project  I  can deal better with that.... ----we have two bullet heaters which just blow  out hot  air --- we have a lot of galvanized stovepipe from various wood stove projects and laundry dryers .---. we also have I think a 30 foot ladder aluminum and  a couple cases of moving blankets .

 

it seems to me if we get the bullet heater on the back deck with all that pipe somehow fashioned to  the 30 ladder we ought to be able to deliver  50 degrees temperature concrete type goup up to the top of the chimney .. bud helped collect all the parts yesterday and put them in the garage ...part of the whole deal is I remembered we had one board maybe 20 feet long of plasticky sort of stuff not wood ... so my plan would be put 2 screws in the pipe and attach it to the plastic wood thing   Attach the wood to the ladder for stability --- leaving the pipe open so that I can stand it around their  2 inch pipe which is what comes out of their pump and goes up to the chimney ..Bud tried yesterday putting pipe in front of that heater to see whether it actually delivered the air out the other end at a very nearly burned my leg .. it also since heat rises , we are at least not trying to go against physics to get that heat  delivered to the roof .. I wish I had a picture of exactly what their pump and pipe look ..like..---  The other part is that the interior of the chimney is supposed to be over 48 degrees .. so that would be probably the second bullet heater on the front porch with the pipe going  across the Mail call room aimed up the chimney .. unless we have a huge downdraft the heat should go up ..

 

they are coming Wednesday to super clean the inside the chimney prior to this lining it with gulp .. the goop lining is totally dependent on  either the weather which doesn't look hopeful---- or the various pipe contraptions and two bullet heaters .. I really want to have a fire this winter  .

and I did think of it last January but got sidetracked with the CLV or anything else and didn't think of it until I wanted a fire in the fireplace .

--

back o tying to heat my bedroom..... 

I don’t do  remotes well anyway... too many choices binary choiices which make complicated decisions.

I have the  problem with a Michubisky  fancy heat transfer in my bedroom with remote that  has two symbols in the top line .. one is a snowflake and other  is the sun .

they're both round unless I get a magnifying glass I can't tell whether it's a snowflake or Rays coming out from the sun .. which explains why it's now blowing cold air at me and the best I can do is push the button that says i/o  ---,... I don't know what the “I”  stands for---?  in out ...?  thankfully whatever genius described that didn't have it Be  o/o for the on off  ..

 

ok....   so I bought an electric pot.. figuring I could cope with on and off and temp control—thus producing some of the stews for which  Sundays around here were famous...i used to put a bunch of chicken and vegies in a cast iron pot—with probably a bottle of salad dressing  ( honey mustard became a favorite)  I hung the pot on a tripod over the wood fire ain the  t tent which Bud built and in a couple hours we had wonderful Stew veggies could pick out the big veggies lot of carrots if everybody was happy .and it wasn't complicated----- so this improvement of buying electric pot to save building the fire just confounded me .... i  put everything in the pot just as before and turn around and there's two LED lights blinking at me I don't know what either 1 means----- in a funny little screen which wanted to know exactly what it was I cooking .  it obviously knew more about this cooking process than I did.....  I ended up screaming at the pot   “just cook the damn stuff . “    and gave it up .. building the fire was easier so I have a new pot iron pot waiting for the fireplace to get going because I can I can cook in the fireplace easier that I could cook with that modern invention----- if you poke  out a red hot coal and put it underneath the pot the pot will get hot .. you can put anything you want under that electric device and if  it doesn't feel like doing it you're gonna have raw food .  I was fine with the logic of a piece of wood on fire produces heat which will cook food .. I am not fine with push button a to turn the LED light from red to green .

-I hope you can watch this link... it is December in 2014  

santa FRANK WAS SOOOOO PERFECT- A BEAUTIFUL PERSON  WHO WE LOST TO COV... SOME OF THESE PICTURES ARE PRICELESS.. (THEY ALSO SHOW WHAT 5 YEARS WILL DO TO YOU !!)


ok  so get your merry on !! this is a beautiful trip down memory lane !!
thanks to heather wills
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnoUvJ3JrJ8&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR0fWikW9DINASKgvyY-_Sw7rgs2OBrqy-f5cH7fxapPdD_O9cF6v_Wzu2M