Monday, September 30, 2024

 


Dd 9 30

I hate lies ---be they either intentional or just due to mental l laziness... I struggle for purity of thought and in this case I have an example of everything.

 

Yesterday having nothing to do I decided to have a ride with Elizabeth over to Meredith to maybe help with whatever I could do.. which at Meredith is driving their gas propelled golf cart while dragging a large piece of chain link fence to spread out the poopies..in the various pastures... this is a critical job and I'm very pleased to do it.. and I try and do it very nicely in straight lines..

problem of the day is when we got to Meredith Elizabeth quite rightly told me that Janine’s  truck and trailer we're stuck together and Janine could not get them apart.

interesting ---that arrangement is called a fifth wheel. where the hitch of the car and trailer is in the bed of the pickup.. to get them apart the trailer has a foot-- which will allow you to Jack it up and pull the truck out from underneath---where hopefully you have lowered the tailgate---otherwise you just smashed it--- you ruined it---this happens to everybody with a fifth wheel   once.. after that you don't forget.

So Janine was compelled to drag that thing around with her when we went to the luncheonette for our typical hamburgers and mangoes smoothies before going home. So we get home and she pulls in the yard plunk in the middle... because there are 8  SDP cars parked where I have clearly asked them not to park.. and they have clearly thumbed their nose at me.. However—

what Elizabeth had told me was very correct the truck and trailer were stuck together . but Janine came along knowing that they were stuck together.. and knowing that the Jack that usually help separate them did not seem to be working.. she told me the Jack was broken---that's the kind of thing that bothers me because she didn't know that... that was yet to be discovered.. Once it was parked in the yard I did go over and not knowing what I was doing at all, I diddled with one of the levers... which cause the foot to drop to the ground. but the Jack part didn't work jeanine came over restored the foot to its original place and told me she had a guy coming in the morning to fix it.. that was another non truth.. she had a guy coming over in the morning who was going to charge her $150.00 whether he got the trailer fixed at that point or not.

With a little bit of a “please get out of the way”--I retreated to my allotted chair .

and fortunately Bud passed by with his small worn  leather pouch of tools so I just happened to mention to him the fact that there was some problem unhooking the truck and trailer. Things that don't work properly really annoy Bud... --so he went over just to stand there and stare at it--- with this how dare you not function correctly attitude.... and he noticed a smudge of greasy stuff in an unusual spot and wondered why it was there.. he also noticed that if you wiggle the handle the smudge came and went.. and when it was there, the Jack function perfectly if you wiggle the handle to make the smudge go away for some reason the Jack did not function correctly... something about engaging the gears inside well ---- the Jack worked perfectly.. if you use the handle in the position that the handle wanted to be used.. . The saving $150.00.

OK so the trailer problem got solved..  I really hope that everyone has also learned a lesson in speaking actual truth.. and not assuming. more then you are entitled to assume. 

the lack of truth makes for very expensive errors.