Wednesday, September 18, 2024

 Dd 9 18 the problem yesterday was “we'll call you back”... which I'd already been told that the day before and that hadn't worked out so sitting here in the cabin Elizabeth and I decided that if somebody was calling us back they weren't going to be able to do a damn thing however if we made it to the emergency room they would at least give me something which they did..  and part of the reason they did well--- malarkey who quickly had us jump the queue in the waiting room and they put us in A room where they had already spread a fluffy and a pillow for the dog...  larkey quickly laid down on it and was very happy..  the other comment was that he was so well behaved and I did ask if they had other service dogs come in and they said they have a lot of them but none of them behave as well as larkey...  I like that he's a good dog... so basically they gave me some pills and sent me home again with the prescription and directions on how to deal with what may 

 be a physical problem. wanna call it a parts replacement job???.. so I'm here  wow

 

And Gwen is here landed on time and got her own car and landed at goldies farm... Janine had cleaned up the RV thinking she might enjoy using that instead of the loft here at the cabin..  which is also enjoyed by considerable number of mouses..   I don't think the mouse is are as active on the 1st floor as they are so we but the mouse can live a long time I'm just a little bit of dog food that got dropped by a Great Dane. We  have an ongoing problem. Time to get some snap traps again

 

in the last rodent investigation I bought on Amazon 84 snap traps----and approximately 1 month later I had only 20 left..   which means that somehow I had used 64 traps..  and there's only one way yeah use a snap trap..  However I did not bother to save the carcasses in the freezer as I once did for the rehabilitators who had the need to feed several owls and a hawk.. 

 

From the signatures left behind it would appear that we now have only mice...   where that bit several years ago was definitely rat size...   that ate the wiring of two of my cars ..

 

Just to keep you updated Janine is \gone. somewhere between New York and Maryland with Olaf... to pick up two horses which I think will be the two they ride this fall.. both have been hunted by somebody else in the mean time...   it is a crazy business..  but I expect them home Thursday or Friday Olaf now has the title.of master of the hounds I think..   At any rate he has some impressive title at the hunt club which manages 20 or 30 hounds...   the way those hounds are raised is something I will try and look more into..

I know that they are raised with goats as babies and that whole concept interests me.

 

so I'm alive and back working...  trying to get myself organized with gwen's help it's an uphill battle.