Sunday, September 29, 2024

 Dd 9 29 

OK while I'm at it...   And while people  have “knocked” me for being picky ... my crazy idea of spoon feeding puppies to start their initial training. go back to the pictures of Pam or me. or anybody in the good old days feeding puppies and the puppies are always free to roam around and come running in to the person with the can and the spoon...   ----now last time I saw this is a spoon feeding project with the new bunch of people and handlers and whatever--- they were standing on the other side of the fence while the puppies all pushed and shoved trying to get at the person with the spoon..   swapping back to Pam or me feeding pups they were always sitting very nicely in front of me... there's a whole world of difference it makes to the pup...  to be struggling and restrained as opposed to sitting politely and waiting.. So yes I objected to this new method of training...   because I knew that what Pam did and what I did was a world of difference to the pup.. and it wasn't just a case of getting the food in the puppy.  ..

  I don't think this current bunch of dogs ever did what we call the Meghan March..  freely following the person with the can and  the spoon. 

 

That concept is very closely related to the fact that I do not approve of those easier, quicker circular puppy feeders were just supposed to be so much nicer to feed all the puppies at once ----well it's not if you're a puppy .. this is my number 1 =--I much prefer the individual bowls so we end up raising lovely ladies and gentlemen in the puppy department ----with individual bowls my puppies always grew up to be fed at a table..   sometimes 8 at a time absolutely no trouble... there are photos of me... with 8,  or----as a chef serving  3 dogs waiting for their food.... 

 

Seeing as I think I'm really out of the puppy raising business I suppose it doesn't matter that I saw one of my 8 foot long plexiglass feeders thrown in  the dumpster ---ouch!   

like McDonald get them young and trade them early---  to have happy meals---and where they don't have to fight over others for their food..