Saturday, September 21, 2024

  

Dd 9 21

I just bit the bullet and wiped out 350 old e-mail most of which I glanced over but I honestly didn't read them all there were just so many political ones I couldn't stand it nor could I get control of the current stuff however on we go

for a more serious consideration... is this the sequence of the places we go to

 

And in spite of the tremendous facilities those not one of these I would like to be confined to so keep that in mind I want to be able to come and go.

 

the most high level is the community for people 55 years of age and older..   they are only vaguely organized but on occasion they do all get together in an auditorium sort of situation and I have been asked to speak in those kind of deals which I do and take larkey with me who eventually I just turned loose in the crowd..

secondly I would probably say the senior drop in centers and all the town halls are available for the elderly..  they're just warm and dry places to go which have tables with Scrabble and the computer or two and people just kind of hanging around.

 Thirdly I would probably put. the assisted living places most of which are very fancy pleasant with full restaurant facilities and probably a swimming pool and things like that and I've been to those places the most notably was brooksby village in Danvers where I took Mary into their auditorium and she was extremely well behaved and very popular Along with all my dogs....

Fourthly it begins to be a little restricted where the door is locked behind me as I enter with my dogs and those are the adult day care centers... where they keep you warm and dry well fed...  and although they have an activities director those activity directors are worn out

And when we arrive with dogs or anything we are tremendously welcome because the staff is very tired.

and it goes on from there---  There are daycare centers which primarily have children..  and after that we have daycare centers  Children with special needs..  and at that point you're really getting into stressed help..   as many of these kids have basically an attendant with them all the time... 

 

we go to all those places and the special needs children place is always the most challenging for us and the animals...  but we go there and one of the staff always presses a bunch of bills into my hand as we're packing up the leave ... I think that's mostly because I'm not sure they get anybody else who will even go there let alone with dogs who will relate to the kids and let them pat them..  I think lock is well the usual special needs place is about 120 children...   ohh wanting to pat him..   but lately I hear they were at a place where there were about 300 children who swarmed the animals without any particular problem. 

 

We have always just booked jobs and gone to whoever asks us to go.  but the ones who are happiest to see us when we get there the special needs kids..... and their staff doesn't have time to call us to ask us to come.. I think we need to address that problem and if we could find a special person like bill coming there's somebody. we could try and make sure we do one children's project a week and that would spread it out nicely between four or five towns just a project to work on

 

the other project is the fact that Janine decided you couldn't really distinguish the goldies farm crew from the residence ohh these places... and I think she was really talking to me because once I sit down in the in the circle I look like everybody else so she is designing shirts and hats to distinguish us from the group by the time that gets put together we'll need a complete mailing department because we will be selling the extra shirts and hats. 

 

moving along