Saturday, September 7, 2024

 DD 9 7 

DD 9 7  

 

I started this service dog project with trying to get my 501C3 in order in about 2003.. and at that time and since then I've never bothered to lock up the whole place ----it's wide open including my tool shed which has a lot of very valuable tools in it and if anybody wanted to borrow one they asked me and I'd loan it to them and a lot of times it would end up in their tool shed they would forget who owned it and I would be minus a electric drill or whatever--- that was sort of normal attrition...   Things like that handy little packet of Allen wrenches would end up in somebody's pocket and they'd forget who owned it and I'd forget who had it and hence it was just plain gone that was sort of half normal however when it comes to something that you have to pick up and carry you can't possibly forget you have it becomes a little different. “ohh look let's have that in my car” is a lot different than”carlene may I borrow”. Even if the result is the same basically I am minus whatever..

but there comes a point...   and that point has come.

 

I saw. As Carly and Mike washed 2 of those 3 foot tall milk cans they washed them by the laundry building and set them to dry so that I could then fill them with the dog food of which I had a little more than I planned on having and had to keep the rats out of it.. so I was set to use those as soon as they got dry... however when I went to get them they were gone. ---  either moved to as yet some undisclosed location or put in one of the 8 cars that had used that area as a parking lot and just removed... I doubt very much you could say borrowed....

 

of the 8 cars in THAT SAND AREA,...which is basically enclosed by PERIMETER  fencing.... all 8 we're there  TO “SEE”. SDP PEOPLE. Not me... I therefore think that Lynn. as responsible president of service dog project should find out where those milk cans went and put them back where they belong which is in front of the laundry building... so that I may fill them with my dry dog food.

 

Why do I have so many ?   well it started with one stainless steel milk can being “tossed   after shooting some film or another in which I had provided the shampooed cow.... probably..   This kind of thing happens all the time in the film industry where they need a bunch of stuff which then gets thrown away--- my most classic is the wooden barrel with the straps over your shoulders so that it can be worn... and I have some wonderful pictures of Sheila cranny wearing that barrel it was being thrown out and I took it.  Such was the stainless steel milk can.I found that milk can to be very handy not only a place to keep things dry and clean but you could sit on it.. and as my movie business continued there came a time when I needed a bunch of them. 12. ... which somebody paid for to be shipped to me from Ohio and used this I can't remember how but. They then were just plain surplus extras and they gavethem  to me..  the process being I don't care what happens to them we we are throwing them in the dump”

 

At one point I had them organized so that they were approximately 30 or 40 feet apart because I was having trouble walking and they were arranged so that I could walk from the house to the barn and have a place to sit down and start again... so I was very familiar with my odd collection of milk cans.  I have now given up trying to walk from the house to the barn but the cans are all used for an odd collection of things because they are wonderful and they keep things clean and dry and rat free..  

 

 

 whatever I then ended owned more than 12..  but I did notice as life went on that these are worth somewhere between 1:00 and $200 on eBay( plus the nearly $100 freight to ship one ) so if I ever found one being thrown out I would take it---- so exactly if I owned 13 or 16 I could not tell you but I can tell you that Carly and Mike washed out two  containers that are now missing.

 

Because those are missing I have had to gather up some of the others ----- I know where they were and that includes

two in the arena\

one on puppy hill by the gate

1 stainless in the old donkey café..   along with one painted black

three already containing purina dog food

one containing puppy food 

one at the door of the T10... now call donkey cafe which is full of horse treats

and one behind my chair holding up the water drip from the air conditioning unit

Elizabeth has one in her chicken food egg producing project

 

The two that are--- shall we say misplaced ”. were arranged outside my front door before Carly and Mike picked  them up to go and wash them, 

There are soo many cameras around here” there’s no place safe to pee ‘------ maybe anyone has seen  what happened to my 2 spotlessly clean milk cans?

p.s. theres no place safe to pee is a quote from somewhere as yet unremembered...