Friday, June 21, 2024

 


My nifty purchase of the week/ year... where most sneakers are in the $100 range... ziti is chewing up my red sneakers which cost $22

Which make them less to buy than most dog toys... so di bought a purple pair and let ziti chew away !!

 

vibdiv Walking Shoes Women Sock Sneakers Lightweight Comfy Breathable Casual Pull-on Daily Shoes Zapatillas de Mujer

 

I am sure that this will not fascinate too many people but I do have both legs wrapped and what I would call vet wrap stretchy stuff umm at any rate in the middle of the night I had an absolute horrible nightmare that all of me was wrapped in that stuff and I woke up with a bolt.... Pondering how horrible it must be for someone who has a cast on or who can't scratch wherever it itches.

 

and it doesn't pay to take a Tylenol--that doesn't cure itches... nothing does well except the new television commercials which are beginning to say something about itching--- and actually Leahy.. has me down for experimental medication ordinarily costing $7000 a month which theoretically is going to be given to me for nothing.... except I know full well nothing is for nothing and that there is has to be some risk involved but there's a hell of a risk it itching all the time too so I'm on it-- there are some medications on television which are addressing the itching problem I don't know whether this stuff I'll be taking is one of those or not all I know is it's damn expensive if you don't have insurance which of course I do Medicare and medex seems to take care of everything I have wrong with me which is considerable.



now to relate the purple pony slash Unicorn that Janine has been going around with she is having a wonderful time and had a new angle that I had not considered and that all of you should consider actually if you have a relative in one of these daycare places most of the time you can pick them up and take them places like  lunch or in our case come to goldies farm and bring your own lunch mind you... um but there are relatively few.. destinations which would be suitable for entertaining elderly parents who for the most part are stuck in a daycare center.

I know because even though I am not deposited in a daycare center I'm well aware of the confusion I cause just by being old.

even if I still do drive myself  before 10:00 in the morning..  so I make doctors visits for 8:00 so that I can drive myself.  apparently these things on my legs have to be changed on a weekly basis so 8:00 Wednesday morning I will be having my legs changed.

I keep remembering those friends of mine from long time ago Ron and hope Nutter. who are in a very nice assisted living place but they don't like it and I don't blame them ... they do have three daughters so this is a call for the three daughters to go get their parents and bring them over the goalies farm to enjoy whatever seems to be happening at the time which may be nothing but at least it's a different atmosphere.. and BYO lunch!

 

my internet discovery—thanks to gwen. Is the workings of my antique. Medical doctors scale.      

Pelstar, LLC: 91 Years evolution of the Health o meter Doctors beam scale; Rick Crandall, Executive Chairman. | Rick Crandall


Gwen says she remembers weighing in patients for tom  and that the scale only went to 300 pounds ! I hope I can get some stove blacking to  jazz it up—I have always marveled at the combination of forces that result in a darn accurate weight!