Sunday, June 16, 2024

 dd 6 16


If I'm late today it's because I'm having trouble getting my head around the concept of.....  if Janine helped the horses and I helped the great Danes and I have shifted to adult care center Is it maybe time for me too take it to a different level of helping the people stuck in these places.

 

to do that it's not going to be a simple matter of adding add person toa facilities  staff--- now that I've been to so many of these places I can see that even though they are by law supposed to have someone in charge of entertainment it doesn't quite work out that way they're called the activities director but they get pretty stretched thin.. and end up playing bingo.. I think it is time for the state of Massachusetts any rate to come up with a creative group of maybe four people who should produce a creative entertainment if not daily then certainly weekly.

in several places---- what you have right now is 100--- people /children and one person who's overworked and ends up not producing what should happen.. how do I get this message across

Every place we go to has an activities director they also have a smart TV all of them.. usually black screen.. for a lot of reasons which could be cured.. Also many of these places --notably the state-run daycare center type --they don't seem to have a budget.  I don't think you could come up was enough really creative people in order to have every activities director be on their own, but if the state had their own creative activities group to pass out suggestions that might work .


Am I all the way back to the TED lecture by Ken Robertson on how creativity is severely lacking in our entire educational system?....\ I know you'll have trouble finding really creative people to keep coming up with new ideas all the time.. it's not easy.     This whole system is totally stagnant..  I mean ---for example--- when everyone in a facility both staff and clients are absolutely thrilled to have us walk in with a chicken ,  something is wrong.."social services" is more than food and water   ---  how do we teach creativity? 

 

Those many  years ago that I told Charlie I would promote explore, .i am -- basically still doing that , but it's also Judy with her bag full of silly stamps to stamp our poop pickers...  the people had a grand time doing that OK do we need to invent more things for these people to do so they are not stagnant.. 

 

I am reminded of my go round with the legal system after I was electrocuted... and the company lawyer flat out said why should we bother—you are 79--- we could just out wait  you.  There was an awful lot of discounting older people for that same reason.. does that qualify as elder abuse.

 

I know the SPCA has some flat out rules if the horse has a bucket of water however dirty and any sign of any hay... then the owner cannot be cited.  Ok.  OK I have I have water and a refrigerator full of stuff and I don't have any bruise marks so therefore To ignore after that is not abusive... really? proving a negative is always difficult...

 

 p.s. union  local 25 did a super job cleaning up/ cutting grass etc yesterday-- they even brought their own food truck !