Tuesday, June 25, 2024

 


Dd 6 25

 

Rest too long after an injury and your system shuts down,,--- movement is medicine...out of a book Running with sherman,, a book given to us at mailcall

 

“Running with Sherman” wehere a guy glues together a badly neglected donkey and gets involved in bouro racing.. I just got the book yesterday so I'm not very far into it maybe 1/4 of an inch but I am enjoying it very much and I may give it to Janine with hope she'll stay in bed for a day or two as ---in my belief ---her body is just plain exhausted...

 

We did take the black pony and donkey to the adult care center in Newburyport yesterday where of course they were exceedingly popular and one man who had retired from the Gilbert hospital almost next door no notice how much quieting effect the animals had on everybody who came in to see them.... And I am looking at the effort required to get those two animals at that senior care facility off which nobody even thinks about. somehow in the last six months Janine has managed to get a very nice trailer..  to pull with her 350 ford.. which add Had four nice round and black.  tires and a tank full of gasoline $100 Which I filled by mistake with my charge card.---  I hate to bore you with the details but to go on from there is massive with the swapping of trailers and then having the truck detailed so you could even get in it..   remember she and Elizabeth were just about living in it when they go to these horse buying auctions .


Yesterday there was a piece of paper went by my face..  and on it was actually a bill for four items $20.00 each... and I asked Elizabeth what on earth and it turns out it's $20 it has someone sign the piece of paper that we're supposed to show to any of the authorities as we go between states.. This $20 per animal was just to get the signature on some other piece of paper which I didn't seem to have in front of me at the moment -----but it's paperwork that's required by the US Department of Agriculture,,  that's my favorite kind of thing...  where to verify the health and well-being of an animal does not even mean looking at the animal just signing the paper. turns out iy is needed to transport...oh?...just one more expense in rescue.....

 

I am pretty sure in these daycare center places that I can get a donkey to expect treats to be tossed in an area which will define where they should stay

I did that pretty well in the hunt nursing home but I didn't even have a chance here and I wasn't too sure I had the same donkey but inside that on nursing home we did have it pretty well organized where the horse was looking for the treats in the frying pan held by the people... and I could control where the donkey went by sitting very still and tossing treats at his feet indicating which way to go next ..  it was working it was interesting

 

there's an interesting part of animal behavior that I don't see anyone investigating but having watched Mary in her relationship with the dogs which were in the puppy hill area... she went out of her way to literally exchanged breaths with one dog after another and I wondered if that was to establish a future behavior or lack of fear of that particular animal it was it was very weird and it was not what you think of as normal somebody needs to study that breath swapping.