Saturday, June 29, 2024

 



Dd 6 29..

The daily doggy got cut short again today because I had to write the article for the newspaper which is going to be very volatile and people aren't going to like it there are some people not gonna like it because I have always said that a Great Dane is born trained if you just don't wreck it and there are an awful lot of dog trainers who see that as me attacking their way of making a living this could be a problem but I do think it's true and I've gotten a chance to try it because after three weeks of my extensive training course for Ziti

I think I have managed to teach her the difference between “good doggy and no no no no no no”

 

this is a huge step forward in dog training the fact that I am communicating a concept to the dog..

so now enter Bella---who knows exactly what a dog a service dog is supposed to behave like having been taught by the best---- George--  so I have sent her home with ziti, in a box full of fluffies the pee pads and canned food and things like that I told her to just do whatever she did with George so the first thing I got back was her in a store and the dog behaving fine..


because that is really the big issue.  is a service dog must must behave perfectly and not create any distraction... so far so good

I am way out on thin ice and I know it. but it is an interesting experiment and what better time to try it than with Bella who knows what a service dog should be.. and a very smart little puppy who looks at me now if I say “no” just as she is about to get her mouth around my shoe.. this is training progress ...good luck Bella I hope you do great things..