Saturday, February 27, 2021

FEB 27 2021

 YOU DON'T APPRECIATE WHAT YOU HAVE TIL  YOU DON'T HAVE IT.-- LIKE A WORKING KEYBOARD....SO IF THAT IS THE LESSON OF THE DAY, WHERE DO I START MY APPRECIATIOON??  RUNNING WATER WOULD BE HIGH ON TH E LIST- 

I REMEMBER......100 YEARS AGO.. GOING THRU AN EXERCISE OF-- STUCK ON AN  UNINHABITED ISLAND AND YOU COULD HAVE AN UNLIMITED SUPPLY OF 3 ITEMS WHAT WOIULD THEY BE?   MY FIRST WAS HOT WATER... SECOND. SHEETS OF 6MM PLASTIC AND 3RD  THOSE  OAT NATURE BAR THINGS. 
BUT WE HAVE BECOME  IMPOSSIBLY CONNECTED TO  ARTIFICAL  SUPPORT, MY WORLD CAN COME APART IF THE KERIG COFFEE MAKER IS SLOW TO PRODUCE COFFEE..  I BET THERE IS NOT A KID AROUND WHO HAS MADE COFFEE DRAINING WATER THRU A PAPER TOWEL.. OR GAUZE BANDAGE...LET ALONE SQUIRTED COFFEE CREAMER OUT OF A FRIENDLY COW.

WHICH BRINGS ME TO THE MINIMUM WAGE.....

2021 2 27

 

Firstly it never occurred to me that these congress people stayed beyond 5:00 o'clock in the afternoon so to have them there passing bills or whatever they do at midnight was a shocker to me ..  and then have to argue with them over the fact that they're doing this 15 minimum wage all wrong ..kept me awake at night .. I kept explaining to them and no one was listening .. that there is a very sincere bit of logic to a man or a woman working 40 hours a week and still being in poverty so I'd totally agree with a $15 per hour wage for people ... let me define what is not quite people and that is the age group between 16 and 21 .. they're all full of energy and don't have the knowledge to go with it usually with a (few exceptions like Bill Gates) most teenagers should work for nothing until they learn to be worth something and that's called an internship of some kind .. but if this 16 to 21 year old is it being responsible and reliable then they should be paid pocket money while they continue to live with their parents and around their parents insurance and all those other funny things and if they made 750 an hour some of them might be worth it .. but I'm not sure that I could come up with a 16 year old who's work ethic or generic knowledge would  be worth much more than 750 an hour .. 

As a matter of fact communities around here along with the district attorney's office have approved service dog project as a place to send children to do what's known as community service .. and depending on what or why they're here--- the chores I saw assign can vary ..  if it's the district attorney's office and you're in for driving under the influence you had to be pretty stupid so therefore you get assigned repairing the stone walls and rolling rocks around in the freezing cold ...  because I wouldn't trust you to handle any of my animals or being around them for that matter you're better off way out in the Woods ..,.however if you need community service because of the Honor Society requirements then I'm more inclined to let you work in the barn around the animals because I know I could ask you to observe how much water did that dog drink when you go to refill the bucket and if it's full to the top let the barn manager know .. I don't think I'd let any of them use power tools or drive the tractor but they do have a lot of energy ..  that as I sit here without energy I can make  USE OF... WE NEED INTERNSHIP PROGRAMS

 

It's hard to believe that uh I male child could get to be 20 years old and not no how to hammer a nail into a piece of wood or how to jumpstart a dead battery in a car .. but I have seen this .. and I also have seen a female child with the energy and curiosity to want to learn how to hammer nails and jumpstart cars .. because along with my friend Mike Rowe there is a terrable deficiency in the younger generation ..

now I can remember my grandparents making that same kind of statement ... take my grandmother .. raise five children in Westchester County New York on a farm . and there were several unique things ..  she was about 5 foot tall ---four of her five children were Mail and about 6 foot tall .. and I never heard one of 'em swear ...ever .. I also look forward to Sunday dinner with her becausw I don't know what she put in the chicken gravy but I have never had better chicken gravy since .

so here I am 80 years later having raised two children who both swear and eat bottled chicken gravy .. and don't even know about my grandmother ..

 

Just an aside .... since I started writing this,  a cousin of mine ---Richard price -- got in contact with me from maybe Goshen NY .. I would love to hear from him as to whether he ever remembers grandma prices chicken gravy. IN THE SUNDAY DINNERS AT. ??14 ROOSEVELT PLACE IN NEWBURGH...

NEXT PROBLEM.....

LYNNE IS HAVING TO GIVE UP HER MONITORING OF THE PUPPY HILL CAMERA—WHICH SHE HAS DONE BEAUTIFULLY    FOR Y. E. A. R. S.  ...   FROM MIDNIGHT OT 6AM....  WHEN THE OVERNIGHT PERSON TAKES OVER... IS THERE ANYONE WHO HAS TO BE UP AT THOSE HOURS  and could report on who is outside the kennels and if they are quiet or barking.    And what else you hear.. like owls, people yelling,  airplanes.. whisatles,  cars, fischer cats or coyotes

Here is a sample of last nights...

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 27, 2021 – OUTSIDE-NOISE REPORT

 

12:00 AM START REPORT, CAMERA OFFLINE

12:02 QUIET

12:50 GREAT HORNED OWL HOOTING

12:53 ONE DOG INSIDE KENNELS,ONE LONG, LOW HOWL

1:41 ROOSTER CROWING

2:10 ONE DOG BRIEFLY OUTSIDE KENNEL 3, QUIET

2:11 ONE DOG BRIEFLY OUTSIDE KENNEL 1 OR 2, QUIET

2:45 ONE DOG BRIEFLY OUTSIDE KENNEL 9, QUIET

3:30 ROOSTER CROWING

4:40 – 6:00 ROOSTER CROWING

4:59 FIRST BIRDS CHIRPING

5:04 – 5:08 ONE DOG (BLACK) OUTSIDE KENNEL 9, SEVERAL BARKS, QUIET THEN SEVERAL MORE BARKS

5:08 – 5:08 HOWLING FROM OTHER KENNELS

5:08 – 5:09 DOG (BLACK) OUTSIDE KENNEL 9, HOWLING AND BARKING

5:08 – 5:10 SECOND DOG (HARL) OUTSIDE KENNL 9, QUIET

5:15 ONE DOG INSIDE KENNELS SEVERAL BARKS

5:15 – 5:19 ONE DOG (BLACK)OUTSIDE KENNEL 9, VERY SPORADIC BARKING THEN QUIET

5:17 – 5:20 ONE DOG OUTSIDE KENNEL 10, QUIET

5:41 – 5:44  ONE DOG (BLACK) OUTSIDE KENNEL 9, FREQUENT/SPORADIC BARKING THEN QUIET

5:44 ONE DOG BRIEFLY OUTSIDE KENNEL (1-3?), QUIET

5:53 RED CARDINAL CALLS

5:58 – 5:59 ONE DOG OUTSIDE KENNEL 4, SOFT WOOF

6:00 END REPORT, QUIET

 

HAVE A GREAT DAY,

LYNNE

 

Thanks to her , I have reams of these reports and would like to have some one continue—

they demo... ther\se are not th e usuall  “unhappy kenneled dog a that barks for hours.”

 

ANYONE ELSE WANT TO TTRY.. LIKE SOMEONE MONITORING A 911 LINE ALL N IGHT LONG????