Wednesday, July 22, 2020

JULY 22 2020
They really do try to let the pups work it out unless they are seriously in danger or distress. Carlene will often remind us to not micromanage the puppies or be patting the mother too much-she needs her rest.
As far as the crowded milk bar, it really is amazing to watch up close. They are absolute milk seeking missiles. They can find the nipples just by smell and heat. One of my favorite things to watch is when a pup is looking for an open nipple and doesn't find one. It picks which nipple it wants, burrows under it's siblings and pushes up to pop the sibling off the nipple. Even this new. It's fun watching the little wave as it moves along then POP!
They really do rotate pretty well on their own. One gets full, falls asleep and off the nipple, next one moves in. If one does seem to be missing out---not putting on weight or observed to be missing out--they will give it alone time with Mom.
-------

here is  a report on how canada deals with service dogs .. teh govt pat test... SEEMS TO BE TEH SAME PUBLIC ACCESS TEST OF ADI... 
Dear Carlene,

I am very happy to report we are doing fine.
The Govt  of Alberta was issuing 3 month extensions to people like myself who passed their initial PAT test and certified so the test assessors weren’t put at risk for Covid doing the tests in the malls in Alberta.----  Vincents certification card expired july 31st.

This year, Vincent and I with little time to train and prepare got his new harness and new collar done with saddle bags and patches, got out training done, and we took our second Govt of Alberta Recertification test and once again we passed with another very high score and this year, we did it without the head halter, just the martingale collar and his normal harness. Vincent was a Rock Star.

I want you to know how much I truly appreciate all your help and advice and experience. Out here in Hinton, Alberta border of Jasper National Park we have lots of wild life but no dog trainers. 4 hours each way to Edmonton and back is the closest Govt of Alberta Trainers for us. 
Having the help and roll models of Service Dog Project has been the biggest inspiration and assistance to Vincent and I as a team. Please know how much I truly appreciate all your help love and advice.

Very Sincerely with all our hearts,....    Jane Dresden and Team Vincent
----
I'm sad to report that Georgia passed a few months ago at the ripe old age of 12! She served me well and I had to retire her after I was confined to a wheel chair. The nurses at the hospital were impressed by her, but couldn't figure out why I hooked her to chair while I worked one wheel and kept repeating, "walk-on". She'd been taught not to pull and she learned this well. Shortly before she came to me, a water test showed I had high salt levels. I wondered if this was why my last two Danes always had dry, cracked noses which I treated with vitamin E. Georgia only had bottled Poland Spring Water which was delivered monthly, and Blue Buffalo Food. She was great company too as we lived alone and aged together. I still look for her on pizza nights and breakfast toasts. I didn't try to teach her anything, but when she was new to me, whenever I saw her squat to do her business, I would repeat, "Good Deed Georgia, and would make big deal of it. After a while I could tell her, "Go do the dirty deed". A few lessons she learned on her own, like don't mess with porcupines (she was good about letting me pull a dozen quills), and the chickens are our friends. When she saw chick I held out to her, and I scolded for trying to grab it, she became Queen of the flock. She would lay in the grass surrounded by her flock, and the neighbors Guinea Fowl would join in and keep the tick population in check. When she would hear squawking she would run to check on trouble. One spring about a year ago, I fell in bathroom and couldn't get up. The door was closed and I spent 25 hours on floor hollering for help whenever I heard snow crunch. I never heard a peep out of her until a neighbor she knows brought my mail and she went nuts. Well, he knew something was wrong and he came in and found me. She saved my life. They took me to hospital where I was for three weeks, and my four daughters took care of her and brought her in to me every day. I miss her and even now I'm tearing up when I think about all the help and companionship she gave me.  DELL  
-----
DELL IS A SUPER WOOD WORKER  WHO GAVE ME A UNIQUE AND EFFICIENT BACK SCRATCHER  WHICH I USE  DAILY AND IS ONE OF MY MOST PRIZED POSSESSIONS- I AM TRYING TO CONNECT DELL WITH  DR BOB....WHO IS INTO WIERD WOOD ALSO...
 I THINK "MRS. DR BOB "  READS THIS......

  THERE ! 
THAT GIVES YOU PLENTY TO READ TODAY.