Thursday, July 18, 2024

 



7 18

I like “Stouffers” frozen packages for quick lunch..so I bought 7 and pulled tuna noodle casserole for lunch... The package looked inviting with us piled up noodles, And then I opened the package ----  well the contents were absolutely flat there were no bumps breaking the surface of this semi soupy stuff..  I tried piling up solid contents in a pile to see if it looked like the carton.. it had very little success so I started to analyze it..  typical 86 year old not any hurry to go anywhere...

 

I pulled out the peas---I could see them they were green---there were six of them so I put them on my plate and tried to find some other identifiable food object..  there was one piece of sliced mushroom about 3/4  diameter so I put that on my plate along with the somewhat lonely 6 peas. The card that said celery ---well I could find none—my criteria for locating objects  was anything that would not slide through the tines of my fork..  there were noodles... so I started lining them up with my 6 lonely peas... the noodles were about 3/8 by one inch and there were 13 of them.. in addition there were three individual noodles that were 3/8 by two inches.. so I included the 16 noodles  on my plate with the six lonely peas.. there really wasn't anything else that didn't fall through the times of the fork..  I don't doubt that there was some tuna fish in that but that's all I could locate in the soup.. So I ate the peas and noodles and one lone piece of mushroom and tipped up the container and drank the rest.. it tasted good.. but.. really???6 peas and 16 noodles????

 

now the back of the box said this was 420 calories I really didn't see how they got to that number with the objects that I had pulled out of the soup.. at any rate it was a very large disappointment and I will write to stouffers and tell them about my 6 lonely peas on a plate with the rest of the objects could not in any way be piled up to look like the picture on the carton..  the biggest thing being the 13 noodles and there's no way you can pile up 13 noodles to look like a whole dish full of tuna cacciatore... they look like 13 flat noodles.  I tried..   so I'll have to write to them and tell them about my 6 lonely peas and ask them how they get 420 calories.  Unfortunately with this speedy checkout business the carton was not labeled with the price and I already threw out the receipt.. I will explain that to them.

 

So much for my exciting days which actually had started at 3:00 in the morning getting Janine to the shuttle bus to the airport..  In the middle of mail call Elizabeth**** dialed Janine whose face appeared in front of us unexpectedly--from all the way down there in South Carolina

it's a whole new world and I ain't ready for it.

\

I think I'll go back to T-shirt design as a good project for the day OK