Thursday, May 11, 2023

 5/11/2023

 Before I get to the interesting info.... I do have to share this FYI about.... well... here goes....

Judy bought me a wonderful little label making device by brother P touch it is great to use and it's good fun and things like that--- so having a problem remembering passwords and account numbers and things like that I sat here one day and every time I had to find the password I made a funny little label out of it and stuck it to my computer so that when I sit here and need some information I can just look around and there are all my passwords or at least a bunch of them and account numbers and everything was fine ----till Judy came in said “you were foolish--- all someone has to do is come in and take a picture of your screen on their cell phone and they'll have all your passwords...”    now I could screw up passwords without anybody else's help and I don't know whether anyone ne this.-----. what I do know is that yesterday when I tried to use my credit card to charge the cameras that are being FedEx here today , that I was exceeding my daily limit... I didn't know I had a daily limit---- the only other one on that account is Janine who would never give a daily limit of $1500 because that's less than two loads of hay and that just wouldn't happen ---so it wasn't her.. so I had to change that limit ---

-well that's not that easy because when I opened all these accounts my emergency contact phone number was then 0666 ----- well that's not my phone number anymore.. so that means today I will spend a an amazing amount of time going into every account and changing the phone number so that I then can change the password.. this is not my idea of fun time I would rather be welding,,, or at least bending the two strips of metal that I already bought yesterday.

 

there is some expression somewhere about really screwing things up takes a computer and that's what I'm into... back when I started my lovely Toyota Sequoia and it played the Ave. Maria.. it was amusing... when I tried to charge eyeglasses to myself at Costco and found I had to get Haley’s permission to buy eyeglasses.. that was slightly annoying.. now to have to spend hours because it never occurred to me that all of these things stuck to my screen we're too accessible to somebody with a camera...is a b*itch... . it's an age-related problem that's for sure. I'm still amazed that you take a picture without needing A roll of film. ? so...what’s a roll of film??? That is a story for another time

as for my cute little label maker.... which I do love.---- because I could put a sign on the counter saying “Pastas paws will now reach this high so do not leave a towel underneath the drying dishes”

 

to start the daily doggie, I must first dish out large cookies to four dogs packed in my room.. for you newcomers and there are a few this time today, a Great Dane with an empty belly well very often vomit yellow stuff in the early morning...  if I give them cookies it doesn't happen so it's your first lesson.

 

Apparently---- a combination oh Janine, Judy, Elizabeth, and somebody else I don't know are going to hook up a camera here in the house for my use in conversing with camera people either at 4:00 or 5:00 o'clock. what used to be called mail call, and we haven't figured out another name for it yet.. cocktail hour has been suggested.. if I had my way 5:00 o'clock is a little easier for me to deal with but it's no big deal one way or another.

now As for my moving, this camera will move with me seeing as I own it.. and I will be moving only about 200 feet to the only place on the property which is ground level without climbing a hill. this last winter was a pretty mild one but Even so I am trapped in the house. Stamina wise I cannot walk down the hill

And back.... and this winter I did not slide into the tree with my car... but the tree is so battered it can definitely verify the fact that sliding a car down the hill is a very tricky thing... setting up an apartment in the laundry building may not be what people think is gracious living.. but it really would work an awful lot better--mostly because I can set up a pass through window.. where I could have pizza delivered. and what else do you need in the world except maybe my iron stove which I will be taking with me down the 200 feet.... because it comes apart and I can carry each piece with ease.

so that's what's supposed to happen today.  I know the technicality of hooking up these cameras is way beyond my ability.

So I will spend the day peeling off little stickers.. while the far better educated people behind me try and get the camera going...