Tuesday, May 2, 2023

 may 2 2023

pilgram house nursing home---a relatively jolly bunch.  

Judy and I went there yesterday.  I cannot tell you how many hours I have spent sitting outside Pilgrim house nursing home while Tom went in and saw an unknown number of patients--- so we could then go to dinner someplace not too far away.. the place was very interesting----I'd never been inside before ---they had a group all assembled for us--- a miscellaneous collection of people of all abilities some of them clearly sharper than i (or Judy.) .  Judy is an unbelievable conversationalist.. apparently trained by the airline industry to be agreeable  under any and all circumstances----she certainly is and there are places we go to now remember her name---- however it was our first time at Pilgrim house.. and the staff was fascinated with the four dogs we had of course one of them was Pasta..

 

the way it works is Judy went in the door with Larkey--- to case the joint.... first to see how far away I was gonna have to walk to get to a chair to sit down . she  decided it was all set up OK ----she came out--- I let the other two dogs out of the car.,, and had them walk with me with no leash /collars in through the the double doors ....plop myself down in the assigned chair and we're surrounded by about 30+. people and wheelchairs and walkers and things like that and I started talking with them---- I can't take questions at that point because I can't hear but I did say that this was not the whole outfit and that Judy would be along very shortly with another dog, so when she ever came through the door with little Pasta everybody was just delighted and Pasta was delighted to have so many people to go sniff.

 

once she settled and got out her frying pan--we had everyone in the room asking to feed the dogs and I would rotate one dog after another to go eat the cookie and come back and lie down at my feet ---even Pasta  doing very well at that--- lLockie  is a little slow to return.   but other than that he just wants to walk around and talk to people.... so after the frying pan episode we let him go round with Judy so everybody gets to pat him and talk to him.  there were soooo many  people who came by.  "hallway gawkers.'.. our count was over 40. 

But before I left Pilgrim house the director came by for one of those elevator conversations ----you know 7 seconds worth.. and I asked if I couldn't have an application to come live in his very nice facility and would they please accept my four dogs and a mammoth donkey that I have.   She said it  probably would liven up the place but no... and I said that was a damn shame I feigned insult and said I ‘d continue to look elsewhere.

 

That was our second job of the day having been to the Peabody daycare center and seeing over 30 people there. 

Our goal of 100 per week has so far been totally attainable--- seeing as we have newburyport today---

*****
as for my moving anywhere.... please-- i aint goin too far... and i am looking forward to it as  the ultimate  in house cleaning----There are people around here who want me off to a nursing home--so they are looking for one which will accept my 4 great danes and the mamouth donkey i just bought. my guess is they are going to have a rough time finding one -- oh also ... my iron  Glenwood stove is another thing that goes with me...

i am moving for my own convenience--- first floor living --- and looking forward to it-- as long as my iron stove goes with me. you want an example????
take a simple order of pizza... i can not  order food delivery and describe how to deliver  to the "main house"with gates  buildings and dogs
this new arrangement will have a delivery "chute" where you can drive next to it and  i can unload  it  from inside.
food delivery is a big item i n my life.... with a drop off in the  chute,,,,  grocery unloading can be done in sections with a brief nap between  car and shelf...

so please do not become unglued over the move-- somehow mail call will get straightened out- and back to normal -maybe  give it a new name and bash on. .....
i think the only camera difference will be to move one camera.. which i will discuss with explore next august sometime... so hang in there... i ain't goin' far and i ain't changing much........ at all. 

early morning run a Meridith--- 6 dogs !