Wednesday, September 7, 2022

sept. 7 2022

scissors .. How simple is the ordinary household pair of scissors ----- 100 years ago somebody told us ---you leave an old milk carton in the corner of the kitchen you stuck the scissors in it and that's where they lived so when you wanted to use sitters you went to the old milk carton and there was a pair of scissors--- then along came peg bracken ==a very funny lady who wrote some very funny books and one of the books she described how to be efficient you should have a useful box A UB. in several locations around the house and the useful box was supposed to contain pair of scissors a pen piece of notepaper screw driver  and a couple other things I forgot so when I lived in Lynnfield and the children were young and I was trying to be efficient I hung a coffee can in the kitchen  and  a coffee can in the hall upstairs into which I put the required pieces and actually it was gwen's job once a week to make sure that they were all properly stocked.. mostly with scissors.. then we move to Ipswich and Gwenn was no longer around to straighten out my useful boxes and there were many places I needed a pair of scissors---- one of them in my bed so when I sit there and make monkey fists I need a pair of scissors--- I also need them at the desk where I do mail call..  and as my ability to walk long distances decrease the number of pairs of scissors I have located all over the house increased..    There also is a factor in here about my  failing concentration on returning the scissors to wherever it was I thought they were.. consequently I now own probably 20 or so pairs of scissors -------and I can't find any

 

that's the thing I think I admire most in nurses   As a group,   they put things back...how odd....

 I would be a total disaster in an operating room...   I am inclined to try and categorize and pre packaged tools for a specific chore. I just came to a small collection in a tiny bucket that once hung on the chain link fence as I put up --took down--- moved it --repaired it or whatever because the little bucket had all the tools to loosen and tighten the quarter inch bolts which were also in the bucket and were  mostly the size with held the fence together then I carefully put some. yellow tape around the handles so that I know they all went together.. and life was good.

 

and then I ran into a collection of chain link hardware which had slightly larger bolts maybe 3/8 so I added  those and  that socket wrench to my repair bucket but then these were at odd shape so I also needed the typical open-ended.. so that ended up in the bucket as I repaired this fence one of the mini donkeys came over who had who was limping and I looked at his foot and he had a stone caught between the frog in the wall of his foot so I went and got the hoof trimmer a funny little knife pick out the rock.. and rather than carry it back to the barn I put it in a little bucket. By the end of the fence mending  I had so much in the little bucket, I could no longer find teh yellow tape of the ¼ inch bolts- and eventually I could not even find the little red bucket.so next fence mending, I decided to only use ¼ inch bolts- and went and bought some- and while I was at it. I bought  one wrench and leave them together  in a coffee can

 so I don’t have to look. That gets me back to ground zero where I started.

 

I just dumped the original red bucket on the bench of. “stuff to sort “before dog fest  into a plastic 12 x 18 tub,,, covered the entire bottom odd things- like cotter pins????

It is right nexst to the tubs I have started for dog fest... like the one with  6 tiny jars of paint with tiny brushes for pig painting.

I try.....