Friday, September 16, 2022

 hope is on the way... i. think we are nearly ready  to be invaded !!... actually   i don't have a clue..... but nothing is broken, overflowing, or smoldering as far as i. know at the moment... 

And I think some people we'll be arriving today to give us a hand for any of perhaps today's disasters----- as yet to be determined---

I have located the 25 pieces of the tent that I'm supposed to be putting up so I will do that.... or rather I will sit around and hopefully get somebody else to do it ---- my  physical. capabilities are severely limited.. As for the mental that's yet to be determined also....     a lot of yets

 

Tarps will plan a big part of my life today as the top for the tent it's currently on top of the 75 bales of hay which we're going to load into the hayloft on Saturday or Sunday... in a relatively painless procedure because we have a hey elevator...  which I find fascinating and hopefully everybody else does too from plopping at Hale of hey on the elevator it takes only 10 seconds for that bail to be dumped into the hayloft so 75 bales should not take all that long and many times it's not lifting them onto the elevator but kind of rolling them... there should be some people here on Saturday and Sunday capable of maneuvering that.. otherwise Matt's gonna have to load them all on Monday..  whatever..  he does think that these two loads just might give us enough hey to get to the spring.

 

The last load that I got from the dealer he had to save for me because he wasn't going to be getting any for a few days that's a little frightening because he gets about one truckload every night it leaves Canada at 3:00 AM and is backed in place at his place between 8:00 and 9:00 AM so for him to even think of skipping a day where are you's made about the supply in Canada..  Wayne Cashman a Bruins fame.. family deal  hey in Canada and their hey building is many times the size of our arena and filled to the roof usually...... if that source has dried up we could be in very bad trouble so I want to keep us well ahead in this hay business..

 

I'm sure that if I get too much hey I can sell the bales for half again as much as what I've paid for them it's nice hey and far better then what the grain dealers are selling it for around here now -----but it's not too far north of the Dunkin' Donuts where I get my coffee in the morning..... So it's possibly an ongoing process especially with Janine having a couple horses at olafs. a couple horses donkeys goats and llamas at Meredith, plus some of these animals at service dog project are. ERN....  I think she figures 9 bales a day is what she uses that's a lot of hay..   but hey is the main source of income for this guy that has this transfer station sort of thing where I can get hey first thing in the morning......  hopefully the supply of purina never falters..  they have been absolutely wonderful.

 

Moving on to dogfest..   I think the last thing on lindas list was to find the kissing booth... which was last seen behind the walk in freezer...  Mark Has done a bunch of things which included.  clipped back the forest from the second driveway./parking ..   if you don't keep after it the forest will move in on you and take over in a matter of weeks of it's choosing.       Chris is done wonders in the barn...   and Sarah can be seen exerting herself heroically...   There are a bunch of people. that you will see keeping the whole place functioning... because everything has to happen regardless of how many visitors we have..   so mid all the fun and chaos (and fancy food hopefully)... underneath it all the care of the dogs must be ongoing.. 

So while some of us seem to be floating around..   we have a job description here called floating... where you just wander around waiting to fill in whatever the current disaster happens to be...

And everybody is welcome to carry poop pickers...   ...  there is a significant daily production although I think we are 100% up to date on that. There is a significant supply of poop pickers.  and everybody needs to be carrying them...  I will try and yet a bunch on my golf cart.

 

Ok..... have at it !!