Monday, April 3, 2023

 april 3 2023

  yesterday----shatting sunday-- gave me the opportunity to meet the person in charge of chicken transport.. anel' s father--- A very interesting man who described the various perils of being a chicken transporting person and I commiserated being a haY transport person associated with the same crazy acres.. he said that his daughter has four chickens No.....SHE HAS 4 hens and one rooster that they keep in two different pens for various reasons.... I don't mention the town they come from because I'm afraid there's some law about Roosters that I don't know about..  however he said that his neighbors enjoyed his chickens and many of them brought their children to his rather modest chicken coop where the mothers take a great deal of time educating the children about chickens and eggs..

and how he thoroughly enjoys being able to provide this small bit of nature to a society woefully devoid of such opportunity..  I was jealous.. because I too wanted to be open to the neighbors to enjoy the chickens and eggs that I had..  and believe me many must have enjoyed it because we had at one point the production of about three dozen eggs a day...  I never sold any--- I never threw any away---- and we never had too many--- so somebody including all our volunteers but also neighbors could just help themselves to the eggs that were kept in the refrigerator down in the tea tent ===== it worked very nicely..  and we learned about that number on the end of an egg carton and how that is the day number that they were processed or something from January 1st.. at any rate that's why when I put that perimeter fence up. I put in two gates so the place would remain in a self-service situation--- somebody ate the eggs and I hope they enjoyed them--I have in mind the design of a new chicken coop with aN in law apartment for a pair of RATterriers--which would have to be heated in air condition as any good kennel would be.

 

I have a sign left to me  by aunt Mildred--- "happy to share with you such as we've got the leaks in the roof and the soup in the pot"  -so Speaking of soup and pots I decided yesterday to put together the Sunday Stew which i used to provide three or four years ago every Sunday 12 to 4 I'd make the soup Stew and people would bring things like cake or pies ----it was lovely.

so I cut up about 5 pounds of chicken... a bag of onions... bag of potatoes..... bag of carrots.... poured in a quart oh something fluid.  and a half a bottle of some kind of salad dressing for flavor. I think it was honey mustard gave it one turn of the spoon and I left it with a sign on it that said it was started at 8:45.. and I mentioned it to several people around the property if you're anywhere as near the kitchen go stir the Stew...  which was about 5 inches deep in the pot.     

  the rest of that Stew story is that I came home around noon I stirred in some cornstarch in fluid form.... Water.. to thicken the juices so that they would stick to whatever else was in the pot... helped  myself to a cup of it and I left again..

I came back around 5:00 o'clock  to about ½ inch of stew left---a bunch of somebodies ate it -  HISTORICALLY......There is a woman from essex who would contribute a bowl of whipped cream when she came ----REALLLLLL WHIPPED CREAM... WITH SPOON !! and that is how a well run Sunday stew was/is supposed to happen... we did that for many years...  BUD KEPT THE FIRE GOING AND IT WAS FUN !---- SOMEWHERE IS MY IRON STEW POT TO PUT ON BUD’S FIRE AS SPRING DOES A BIT MORE SPRINGING....

 

PASTA REPORT...... HE IS NOW A BONEFIDE CROWD WORKER---  HIS FIRsT WEEK HERE HE  “SMILED “19... 53... AND 36  AS WE VISITED ADULT CENTERS HIS FIRST WEEK HERE.... PLEASE KEEP IN MIND--- ALL THOSE “I LEFT” ....”I RETURNED”  IN THE PREVIOUS PARAGRAPH MEAN T  I LIFTED MR PASTA  IN AND OUT OF THE CAR.

CONSEQUEENTLY  I KNOW WHAT  “THEY SAY” WHEN THOSE “THEY PEOPLE”. - SAY I AM TOO OLD------ MY SHOULDER JOINTS ARE NOT GOING TO GO MUCH FURTHER THAN THE 32 POUNDS HE NOW IS... BUT I WILL FIGURE SOMETHING OUT.

 

I WONDER HOW MANY OF “THOSE “THEYS’” ARE TOO YOUNG????