Saturday, April 15, 2023

 april 15 2023


In any emergency situation I try and apply the medical philosophy of. ” first do no harm”-- in other words don't make matters worse. So I just lay there and tried to figure it out-----I do wear that button--where I could push it and have. 911 come help me--which might have to be the case and that certainly would give them something to talk about for a while----a  crazy lady Who couldn't get a sleeping puppy off her lap

but to do that these EMT 's would have to get past Gemini, malarkey, and sizzle... who guard the front door, And sort out those people who might be carrying Unidentified edible objects... like treats.

The first problem was obviously moving the dog Who was sound asleep and did not want to move over onto my bed which is right at my elbow. Pastas place on the bed is right in the Direct Line of the fan of warm air coming out of the heater but still that is only 78 degrees and my tummy is 83.. so it was a huge effort to get him off me and on the bed. The Pasta puppy was living up to his name—it was like pushing cooked spaghetti up the road. Soooo many moving parts.

 

Once he was on the bed I then only had to argue with him about who was going to be in the place where the warm air came out of the fan. With total disgust, I pushed him onto the floor and claimed  the space.

I was then left to study the fact that if you're lying flat on the floor and you wish to roll over it's not very complicated. however if you are in a semi V shaped position.. and your “ROLL” factor has the  lateral restriction of puffy armsests. It is a huge challenge.

 

All decisions from here on are colored by the fact that failure was going to mean that there would appear in my bedroom 3 large humans dressed in 75 pounds of equipment all prepared to rescue me from underneath a crashed vehicle or some such.. Just because I was stuck in a chair or to make matters even worse,  stuck upside down in a chair—so I did struggle – probably 20 minutes before I finally lurched myself onto the bed and quickly grabbed for a bottle of Tylenol, a swig of water, and just lay there for 20 minutes till the Tylenol took effect.

 

so today will be a quiet one... there's not enough Tylenol in the world to undo what that chair did.