Sunday, November 20, 2022

 nov 20 2022

here is the article for this weeks news... i got sidetracked...


Last week you heard from milarky ----he's my younger brother.   my name is Jiminey short for jiminy cricket-- I'm told... I'm the more sensible one as I try very hard to think about things-----I was removed from the service dog training program because of an extremely unusual.  surgical problem now fixed...   I am a thinker and I have to admit there are a lot of things I think about of which I don't approve.. or at least I question why humans don't think differently.... or at least consider things from the dog's point of view.

Most recently. when I am in the car with mom and larkey, -- which is often--- and you want to  throw 400 pounds of horse food in the back door of my car,  at least be polite and tell me what you're going to do.  .  there's not an awful lot of room  for 3 danes in  the. back of that car – but  we are happy  to accomodate  lots of things and visitors..  just ask ---from my perspective, it looks like some kind of  invasion.  Just think.

 

There are a lot of things I wish people would consider my perspectgive.....

This week it  is the relationship between sleeping on the lovely soft doggie bed  on the floor in  Carlene’s room ---or sleeping on the sofa that is about 18 inches off the floor..  which is also about 10 feet from the wonderful Glenwood 500 wood cooking stove ( That stove is  really  warm  for  about 5 hours before it “goes out”  .).  . the huge factor in my decision is.....that bed is under a window.....She has no idea how that window leaks cold air which drops down to that bed.  If I was in a crate under that #$%^& window I would be miserable.

I have never been “crated” or caged,---- whatever you call being imprisoned-- but I have heard about them...

 

 I have heard horror stories from my friends in the Beverly dog park.., of how they are put in crates at night on the floor somewhere in the house or garage,  under a window or in drafty places and they just cannot get away.  Their owners don't seem to know that the floor is  cool to cold... which is very nice to know in the summer time when  Cool is very nice... but winter is here and I know how lucky I am to be able to find the warmest most  comfortable and available place to sleep.

 

I have heard on doctor Pol.... he's that TV veterinarian--about Guinea pigs , birds and lizards and the like who are sick --in his office with nothing wrong with them except being caged in a draft.  I believe that !


and then ......

i did. not know this song... but many people have sent  it to me...

And the sign said "Long-haired freaky people Need not apply" So I tucked my hair up under my hat And I went in to ask him why He said, "You look like a fine upstandin' young man I think you'll do" So I took off my hat and said, "Imagine that Huh, me workin' for you" Whoa Sign, sign Everywhere a sign Blockin' out the scenery Breakin' my mind Do this, don't do that Can't you read the sign?
 And the sign said "Anybody caught trespassin' Will be shot on sight" So I jumped on the fence and I yelled at the house "Hey! What gives you the right To put up a fence to keep me out But to keep Mother Nature in? If God was here, he'd tell you to your face 'Man, you're some kind of sinner'"
 Sign, sign Everywhere a sign Blockin' out the scenery Breakin' my mind Do this, don't do that Can't you read the sign?
 Now, hey you, mister, can't you read?
You got to have a shirt and tie to get a seat You can't even watch, no, you can't eat
 You ain't supposed to be here
 The sign said, "You've got to have a membership card To get inside" Uh And the sign said
"Everybody welcome Come in, kneel down and pray"
But when they passed around the plate at the end of it all I didn't have a penny to pay
So I got me a pen and a paper And I made up my own little sign I said, "Thank you, Lord, for thinkin' 'bout me I'm alive and doin' fine" Woo! Sign, sign Everywhere a sign Blockin' out the scenery Breakin' my mind Do this, don't do that Can't you read the sign? Sign, sign Everywhere a sign SignSource: Musixmatch