Friday, March 31, 2023

march 31 2023

we darn near have "pasta come .. sit,, pasta down... stay".... having a small problem with "ok"  
he is very good at "pasta eat that shoe".  thankfully someone sent me 2 pair.

I am trying to have him in and out of the car.. as we go around and about, and I did notice last time I went to put him in the car which is also into a crate in the car he gave me a little bit of resistance about getting in the crate which was necessary so the big dogs don't step on him so I realized I must make the crate more attractive and I went to shaws market up there in Newburyport the big market never occurred to me they wouldn't have a soup bone but they didn't so I had to buy a one of those leather things which was not as nearly as attractive I will find him a soup bone today which we will leave in his crate so that the only time he can chew on it is when he's in it and my guess is that will change his attitude about the crate meanwhile the rawhide is still in his crate and we have to take that away from my other dogs for fear they swallow the whole thing and I realized the soup bone is going to have marrow and I do think that marrow is responsible for a very loose stool ----right at the moment he has absolutely perfect poops.. and I hate to upset that however I don't want him to resent getting in the car.


he does follow me pretty well I will have no problem taking him with me to the senior places as long as I have a second person for emergencies and I still can pick him up which was helpful he will get to the point that I can't lift him and that's going to be a problem but we work through these things one problem at a time.

 

his sister has arrived in Hamilton and she apparently would like to go with us to some of our senior residences which we will line up sometime in the next couple of weeks.

 

I'm not sure why I'm reminded of  The punch line ---at least---about the old man who says”. I don't drink and I don't swear but G,D.it I left my beer in the bar”. Something like that..  I really cannot see without glasses now----- well let me rephrase it I can't read the labels on the prepackaged dinners cressy market..   and I inadvertently came home with asparagus..  one of those green slippery things that I don't eat .

 

Now what to do about larkey and sizzle who took off over at Meredith and were gone for far too long and did not come when they were called ----luckily Meredith is bounded on one side by the Ipswich river so we were pretty sure that they didn't get too far away but they were chasing something and did not come when they were called ----that's gonna be the end of that party until I could get better control over them and I hate to say it but damn it it is a case where the electric collar might have to be used -----I toot that horn on my car and I expect them to turn around and come back to me immediately and they've been pretty good until yesterday--  I say pretty good ---I've been complaining for a month now about the fact that larkey when I call him will very clearly say "I'll be with you in a few minutes"--- and I don't like that. when I call him he's supposed to come immediately so he would be the first one with the E. collar.... so now I have to locate them and get them charged up and tested..


 I do have all kinds I must have six that people have given me over the years and I have all variety from vibration to shocking ..I personally have used one only one time. with a doberman that was killing cats.. I put that collar on him and borrowed a barn  cat.  I caught him with his mouth open right over the cat push the button and he flipped over... and he was terrified of cats ever since...   there are places like a dog that chases cars but you have to catch them when they start focusing on the car because you don't want to shock them once they've started chasing for fear they jump sideways into the car' path... . It is a very powerful tool in dog training but it has tremendous limitations because you can make a nervous wreck out of any dog.

 

Time to write the news article they didn't put one in last week what they used that picture of mine about voting... instead.