Tuesday, October 20, 2015

OCT 20 2015
I AM UP... DRINKING COFFEE.. BUT DON'T EXPECT MUCH TODAY...
WE HAVE 2 GOOD DAYS OF WARM WEATHER... DURING THAT TIME WE NEED TO GET OPALS LITTER GOING IN AND OUT THE DOOR TO THE DECK...  THEN WE CAN MOVE ON... TO NUTT HOUSE...AS LONG AS WE GET UP MORE HAWK DETERENTUSED CAR LOT STREAMERS..
LOTSA SPOON FEEDING.
MAYBE I CAN MANAGE THAT...

THANK HEAVENS FOR CUT AND PASTE   
**********
3 years ago the most wondrous thing happened. I saw puppies being born right there on a live cam and fell in love with the Chuppies. It was amazing and I loved them all, but the one little harle was the one that stole my heart, OSCAR! Later Ivy and Casper joined him in adventures and they became The Three Dogateers with Ivy being my first feisty female. Over the months me and the CPS got to watch the widdles mature and grow. We didn't understand at first why they had to be moved out to the kennels. We worried if it was too cold or if something happened while they were so far from the comfort of the house. Carlene gave us one guideline, if the barn ain't burning, don't call.
When Megan was teaching them the concept of wait, she was teaching us too. Wait and watch these pups flourish and become what they were meant to be, service dogs. Not all became service dogs, but the ones that didn't became Fabulous Failures/Perfect Pets. Carlene later decided they would just be called Perfect Pets. 
We've seen joy and experienced deep heartache. We've learned a lot from the SDP staff and volunteers and we now share what we can about Service Dog Project. It's been a rollercoaster ride for 3 years and this is one rollercoaster I never want to get off. Oh I still tear up thinking about Mae, Lumin, and even Mary The Donkey. But there are also tears of joy watching the wonderful service dogs they become. 
The staff, volunteers, camera operators, and the CP's have built an amazing community of people and I am so thankful to be one of them.


I posted this on the Great Danes EPW Facebook group and wanted to let you know how I feel about SDP. Thank you for all you've given me the last 3 years.

Barb