Friday, October 2, 2015

oct 2 2015
many thanks to the people who are trying to keep us all healthy-- yestreday's mailcall  was healthier than uwsuall ..along with the 2 edible arraingements which we whipped thru.  there was fruit...  and soup as a replacement for coffee-  plus some dark chocolate which they keep telling me...s healty..  right !
 happily  lambchop steve was back on duty. 
***
re the calendar----kitty does not quit... she wanted an excentric painter and withotu too much discussion we decided  camera mark would be perfect in some hat...t--- and he offered, but now she has found a  real one with a studio etc.   i am supposed to be writing a blurb for the back like last year-- and i can't read last years'    that is one comment about the calendar-- please make the print bigger...
fact --- inspiration only comes with enough sleep-- othewise too much effort is consumed tryig to remember which foot to move forward next.
*********
if i can get out today ( it is such fun having a car that starts-- now i just have to worry about me.) i want o go to the mattress store-- so many peole hqave to ld me temprapedic is just like teh dog's barker beds-- so i want  to go try them-- a perfect sheila trip but i don't know where she is... remember she went on the bath tub buying trip and took photos of me trying on bathtubs for size.
*****
i hope donna comes back soon... she had surgery tuesday-- and she is  teh pro as refrigerator manager...r.. and cooks a mean steak... meantie pam has organized a troop of mop pushers and puppy sitters  so all is going smothly.  --------------with one to go.
*****
 megan took noel home with walter....  "i think she is past being fertile"   -- oh great---- if she is not,, this is the one time walter wil perform efficiently with considerable  aim.
that is the next pair i woUld like to breed... BUT NOT NOW !
***********
we were invited to enter the kuranda bed contest again... so i did  and soon we will include the link so we can work on gettin g 5 new beds.  i don't know if they have posted it yet... but it is kuranda's contest of the month.... have at it-- they will come in handy...  i chose the xl  not the xxl as they are too big and invite people to lie on them also...
*****

we are hoping the huricane has  turned right at the island...-- it can get excitingaround here  with all these trees..but i have to figure the trees have to be 100 years old  so they have survived similar storms-- but it could have been before they  became ant hotels-- one of my 30 " trees had a 12 inch hollow center---
ants....  somewhere i read that some ant type person had discovered that the  dna  of  ants in spain were related to the dna of ants in russia
************
Only a couple days left to preorder team Bella and George shirts! We close orders this weekend. I wanted to share this video that shows how much George has helped Bella. A year ago she was on crutches full time and we were thinking that soon she would need a motorized scooter for school next year. But not now!! Look at her go. He gives her strength, independence and so much joy to run, and be happy like other kids! Thank you to everyone that supports SDP in any way. We appreciate it so much because if it wasn't for all of you Bella would not be running! So thank you. If anyone still wants a shirt to support SDP another way here is The link ishttp://goo.gl/forms/I17I6i7MW
Thank you again so much
 love Rachel the mom to this amazing little girl and her awesome dog.
**********
here's one to really upset your day !!!  here is a guy who says he has narcolepsy ( falls asleep without warning) and wants me to certify his dog so he can go to england- one of his proofs of the dog's worth.... he keeps him awake while driving...

(note not an applicant  )

Thank you for your quick reply.
According to the ADA, anyone can train their own dog to do service work.  It is not required to be done by a special organization. 
I have been trying to train him since I got him.  If it was possible to do more training with someone in Boston, I would be open to doing that training for him and me.
Currently, the fact that he is with me all the time requires me to be focused on him like you would a baby and that certainly helps to keep me awake even when I am having an episode.  I have fallen asleep on benches before and in airports and he has woken me if someone approached me so as to protect me, either by barking or by pulling on his leash or both.  When I drive, he keeps me awake by breathing heavy in my ear.  Without him, I have great difficulty staying awake while driving.  There have been several occasions where he barked or pulled at me and an episode occurred 5 minutes later.  I am not sure if he can be trained to do that consistently, but having the extra "notice" time could mean life or death to me. 
Please advise. 
Thank you.
Larry David e

i advised him to stay off the road


Carlene White
ServiceDogProject.org