Monday, October 25, 2021

oct 25 2021

school kids today.   ---lift and carry types..  just when i need them to put all my  gems back in the hay loft..
.and i have absolutely no reason not to hang up all teh "stuff" that needs hangng----
a true sign of winter approaching.......
i have gone so far as to  move the tooolbox  off my golf cart and put it inmy  car...( heated) 
-----

My car could challenge the tiny house qualification as it serves as my office specially if it's parked within telephone range of the house------luncheonette ----------kennel for 4 dogs------nap taking place------- for  a few less delicate functions by  parallel parking next to the forest an opening both doors provides necessary seclusion on occasion.. BBB warm and dry---is basically all that's required ----heater works  wonderfully.

 

it is getting slightly scarred--- shall we say---even though I'm allowed only two collisions a day before someone will remind me that at the third collision in one day I'm to stop driving----- consequently I stop driving at two so that I just don't get in that range however the house has been a problem it seems to move around a little bit especially since I've got this wryneck and I can't turn and look that where the house is that moment so in the last couple days I've scratched the back right hand Fender on the House---- not the dentied--- scrape the paint off as I back around the house at least 25 times a day---- my children or a few others have been very kind to label the post underneath the deck with some pink duct tape ----and put a post on the other side so I don't go off the Cliff and I know that if I get between those two markers there should be nothing behind me -----since I can't really turn my head anymore and rely on my mirrors----     I'm usually pretty good except for the mirror that I have now bent--------- the complications of aging are significant.

 

I was supposed to do some tractor pushing of the mud yesterday before the 5 days of heavy rain which is already started I may get to do that today but the the tractor does have hate and air conditioning but I still have to climb up to get in it and as of yesterday I had not only a wryneck bu t a wry i right leg hopefully better today.

 

5 days of rain it's going to make that area impossible so I really gotta brave the storm today literally..  I have all those system of gates organize so that I can just open all the gates and move muck around without having to get up and down off the tractor..  so I just need to have someone get me going which could be the school kids as they break for lunch I could have them open all the gates for me.  

 

Out West farmers have systems of gates they open and close to make various things happen and those gates are all very well organized however----here at crazy acres.  the The gates got added one at a time Willy nilly..  so it lacks  the overall pre determined system... but it does work.   ----- If I could just get all that muck into the manure pile then mark will take it away to the number 3 compost file.. with the storm coming today----- bud worked overtime getting tremendous piles of leaves dragt to pile number 3 by raking and blowing them onto a tarp a big tarp dragging it with the golf cart.

If ever we decide 2 reclaim some of this forestt area we will have enough topsoil to raise onions---the number one topsoil at the moment is 3 years old and been churned up with lime pretty regularly couple times a year.. it's between the pond and A path.....  wonderful black dirt which hopefully has absolutely no soda cans or hey string.. very particular about that got a hidden hey string in the topsoil can raise havoc with a lawnmower four years from now

 

there's money in dirt...  nice dirt..  heavy concentration of organic material my father knew that raise on the value of dirt.. first is the joke we're the city folk offered the farmer $50,000 an acre for his cornfield and the farmer said you come round with a wheel barrel and I'll give you $50,000 worth of my land.”

 

the construction company that did the bulldozing before we built this house offered to build the house for nothing if we let him make the whole area flat in other words he was going to truck out all these hills and users fill in land which didn't support normal household living we have wonderful dirt here we didn't do that.... And.... the woman who came to do our soil test for the septic system for the house said that we could operate a small motel with the soil and the tests that she had done which is about what we got going on now

 

and I have a friend who's brother played polo and owned a piece of land with a great big hill on it he told the world he was making a polo field for practice which was almost true but in the meantime he made a fortune selling all that dirt but they hauled out of there to give him the flat field he needed to play polo unfortunately he died before he got to play polo on it So what his relatives did was to allow the community to dump there manure piles there on this big flat area so that a couple of years later it's covered now with topsoil and a local farmer uses it to raise corn -----the wheel turns

Another shocker to me

I have never heard of corn ta tossing I think it's called and I don't understand how it's competitive however a very nice woman from New England biolabs came and said that she had been the champion corn ****** New England biolabs and that they had equalled her winnings which she was then to give to some very deserving local charity which she decided was us------ I was very thrilled to accept the check for $2000 I don't know how she got that with this corn tossing but..........  she took one look at our arena and said you really have all the qualifications to throw a corn tossing event here so my ears immediately perked up not knowing a damn thing about it I said of course we could do that she pointed out the fact that there was beer drinking involved and  didn't I. have this no liquor policy here in the property but I said in some occasions I could reverse that for the few hours of a corn tossing whatever contest especially if there was to be a significant donation to service dog project in the meantime and the end that they bought all their own byo nbis hopefully it was just beer.

----

it took me a very long time to realize that I did not need to be drinking to act foolish and silly I didn't need to do that I was very capable of doing that on my own and furthermore when I went into a bar I no longer blushed when I asked for a coke or ginger ale they don't care as long as you pay for it I made life an awful lot simpler but I realize other people to may not have achieved that status yet and have to have the beer to have the fun alright I could make allowances

----but I also have noticed-------- thanks to camera mark -------there is an alternative... to having too much beer---- he has a collection of hundreds of hats and on occasion he will bring out those hats and get everybody wearing a hat -----at which time the whole place turns into a very happy bunch of nuts running around smiling giggling and with a hat on which is not an awful lot different than sometimes the beer business the beer business can turn nasty whereas I've never seen the hat business turned nasty and I'm told that in Argentina the wearing of hats at parties is a it's the way they loosen up the crowd.. I do think that's true

so if you ever want to experiment with it let us know and I'm sure that mark let you borrow his hats or even better start your own collection of hats and put one on a whole bunch of people and see how it relaxes them the argentinians have that correct