Saturday, October 16, 2021

oct 16 2021

 RETHINKING.... OUT OF THE MOUTHS OF BABES...??????-- IT IS ALL LAURA'S FAULT.... SHE STARTED ME THINKING. ---- I WAS FAR TOO BUSY.---DOING-----AND THAT CAN BE A REAL PROBLEM--- MORE DOING THAN THINKING... IT HAPPENS...


HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I PREACHED..... WHENEVER YOU HANDLE A DOG -----OR A CHILD----- YOU ARE TRAINING HIM/ER-- THE REST OF THAT WHICH IS EQUALLY TRUE.. WHENEVER YOU DO NOT CORRECT MIS BEHAVIOR--- YOU ARE TRAINING THEM TO DO THAT TOO..... BOTH KIDS AND DOGS...
 ULTRA PROBLEM IS.. ONCE YOU START DOWN THE SLIPPEY SLOPE AN AVALANCHE WILL FOLLOW .

I WATCHED TEH WHITE PUP AS A TRAINER TRIED TO DEAL WITH HER BARKING AT OTHERS.. -- THAT PUP HAD NO INTENTION OF GIVING HER ONE SPLIT SECOND OF ATTENTION....--- NEVER WOULD HAVE HAPPENED DURING OUR "FAIRROUNDS " EPISODES OF FREE RUNNING LITTERS RESPONDING TO THIER NAMES....
NOW WE ARE LITERALLY TRYING TO BUILD A STONE WALL FROM THE TOP DOWN....

FORTUNATELY ---- AT LEAST I BELIEVE.... BEHAVIOR IS NOT GENETIC BUT ACQUIRED-- --------ALL BE IT.  AQUIRED FROM PARENTS WHO'S BEHAVIOR MIGHT BE QUESTIONABLE IN TH E FIRST PLACE......  

however with that in mind we certainly have done a terrible job with the ones who were born here
With regard to the puppies we have imported iS the fact I usually import tWo it a time the concept would be very nice if we could plan on having one for breeding and one to progress into service dog training I don't think it's going to be that easy I have not been able to convince any of the Breeders in Europe to even try spoon feeding which is our basic way of having a puppy pay attention to us------- I think we have proven that without a question -----it's a foundation item----- now if anybody can explain to me why we basically gave it up I don't know it wasn't all Pam ---- although she had a lot to do with it -------- it was a I'm too busy ----I don't have to do this ----it's not on my schedule----  not on my job description whatever and I think we made a mistake with our puppies----  we have an excuse with the ones from Europe because they never did it in the first place ---- they don't train to the extent that we do. At least I haven't seen it --- So now we're faced with a bunch of teenagers --- to try and bring them into reality and I can't think of any other way other then go back to basics which a lot of people use treats in their pockets whatever with us it's got to be a taping of the can to get them to focus on us and respond to their name I think at this point we have to start with two and the only place where they are loose anymore is just after feeding which would be an ideal time to offer them a little dessert one puppy at a time call by name have him come to you --------give a spoonful let him go -----to be able to do that-----And have him go away ---- really means you need two people---which if you look back in our history is what I had everybody do long ago stand in the arena and call one puppy out of the crowd and feed just that one and then the other person do much the same so that you are also teaching them not to go running to stick their faces in yours looking for a treat unless their name is called ------I have videos of this happening very nicely.. but to jump into the middle of this with these teenagers it's going to be a zoo... literally..

if you think back when I was feeding I had six or eight puppies with no problem at all now they're telling me they can't do 3-??   Maybe they can but instead of concentrating on the fact that they don't seem to be able to do this we definitely need to concentrate on how to make it possible once again..

it is closely related to the insane barking. THAT  goes on during feeding time ---it is ridiculous---It has been ignored so long but it's now ingrained in there heads in unfortunately all the human people don't even hear it anymore.
Is the polite word course correction?   and how do we do that?

I don't know in my many years of dog training and I've not had this problem before..   there is one facet of my training which has gone down the tubes around here and that is with having eight great Danes pretty much for the last 40 years no way could I hold 4 leashes so I basically train them to listen to me when I talk to them and demand that they responded when I was talking to them that has gone downhill a bit but it does still exist with a 5...4 whatever.   house dogs that I now have which are all off leash and pretty obedient/////.   it is that off leash that is so critical... a dog is not going to learn a thing if you're dragging it around by the neck or rather the things that's going to learn aren't going to be too good...   I know I have talked about using some of the dogs in movies------ where if they wanted a normal dog that hang around a farmer when he milks the cow then you better find a farmer with a dog who's milking the cattle on a daily basis---- that dog will behave perfectly ---there's no way you can obedient train a dog and tolerate normal behavior around cow milking -----you can have them sit and stay somewhere but normal obedience training dogs don't understand normal activity of cow milking...  so I would have to find a farmer whose dog just hung around it was not on a leash anyway... I was certainly one example of that myself minus the cow part.. my dogs we're off leash now that I've gotten older and considerably less mobile I am challenged by jiminy cricket but I can see where he and his mother get away with things where I cannot run over and correct them and this is causing a problem with those two even though they do come WHEN THEY’RE   call ED-------when I don't call them they misbehave and they're getting worse and worse so right in front of me I can see the problem.
Let's not even get into how long it took me to stop and think about this on a farm scale

So what I'm going to try and do is to interrupt the sequence of let him lose run to the table gobble food turn around run to the kennel go in the kennel get a cookie and that's it they're all doing that very well except they're doing it very mindlessly what I'm going to try and institute at the moment at any rate is too after they finish their dinner call them off in another direction and then have just a few minutes of back and forth between two trainers before you call him and put him in the kennel this has them running loose and I think it is one of the elements of our training that's sorely missing at the moment having a few extra people around calling them---is an eventual situation that we have to work into----to start with probably should start with one dog at the fence but it will take some doing.  to work with the two dogs at the feeder as they are now==--

It is one of those things where timing is critical ---concentration is essential and you can't have six other things going on at the same time in your head at least .... To try and set up this whole thing is going to need a lot of Corrections and adjustments and although I love to have suggestions from all the camera people please don't send me things about I must do this and I must do that -----based on what you're seeing through the camera-----  because you're not seeing all of it-----so give Us a chance to try and improve on a situation we've got here---not totally our own making because all these European dogs have not been spoon fed--- PLUS WE HAVE DONE A TERRIBLE JOB WITH THE ONES BORN HERE .

WE HAVE SOME SERIOUS THINKING TO DO TO FIGURE THIS OUT.... BUT THAT IS WHAT TRAINING REALLY IS....