Thursday, July 15, 2021

july 15 2021

 medical report of the day...  apparently some cov machines were recalled..---mine was not one of them.... but for some reason i have been unhappy with mine.  in the past couple weeks--- after 5 years??---- but still-- they sent me new parts etc...stilll--- must have been "goldie". 2 nights ago-- i did not use it---- and i did not spend the day choking... which i had tried to blame on milk. or  being related to my father-- who coughed alot even at age ?85? -t4he first night without it-- i did not sleep at all and watched the clock go all the way round...- blaming that on the board.... last night i slept like a rock... without the cpap-- and am not choking even tho i tested my latest... 2 inches of whipped cream.  1/2 cup of french toast cereal and  a small scoop of ice cream mashed down togethere...-- no lactaid pill... and still no cough  like i had been coughing. i even washed teh cpca as i was supposed to.

  
 the good old american way --doing  something right after exhausting all the wrong posibilities.... ( winston churchill?) 

heredity is a thing with people---- my daughter janine has a birthmark---one small wierd vein near  one knee....  i have it... and my sister fran has it ---and then there is dyslexia--janine did second grade twice.... i had some nasty happinings in third grade and my father never got thru grade school -- whereas daughter gwen  was reading and spelling at 6 weeks old-- my sister fran and my mother probably never spelled a word wrong in their lives.

i can remember....... colby college had a 500  word spelling test-- which they said any educated college grad should be able to spell...- of course i failed it as a freshman-- and failed again as a sophomore-- i bugged out by goin g to scotland for junior year -- and came home to my mother still gripping that #$%^&*.  500 word list trying to drill it into me...
 and finally yelling at me   " you can't even spell it the same  wrong way twice in a row." -- just as you all have gotten to know. i think my parents paid to get me  graduated... i took that diploma and ran for the packed car and was out colby's drive before teh graduatiion line even got thru the "W"'s--

we do graduate from one thing to another..... i have done alot of carpentry in my career... we now have a voluynteer who's husband is a welder.. and she promised tht he wouold teach me to weld.... something i have always needed to do...  just think what crazy acres would.   look like if i had known how to glue pieces of metal together...  from broken pitchforks to pieces of car parts....

car parts is my current welding problem-- the front wheeL OF A CAR...... ( AND MAYBE THE BACK ONES. TOO... I NEVER GOT THAT FAR..) HAS A LARGE SPRING. MAYBE. 6 TO  8 INCHES AROUND. 18 INCHES LONG....---  I DON'T KNOW WHY  I CAME TO OWN ONE WHEN TEH KIDS WERE SMALL-- BUT I TOOK  ONE OF THOSE SPRINGS AND SCREWED IT  TOP. A DN BOTTOM TO A 3 FOOT "DISK" OF PLYWOOD....  THE KIDS SPENT HOURS TRYING TO STAND ON  IT.. EITHER ALONE OR WITH A SECOND PERSON... OFTEN FALLING OFF IN THE MUD OR SAND... FALLING DID NOT SEEM TO BE A PROBLEM....  YOU JUST GOT ON AGAIN... I HAVE SEEN THOSE SPRINGS IN PUBLIC PLAYGROUNDS... THEY HAVE A HORSE SCREWED TO THEM  AND KIDS CAN'T FALL OFF LIKE THEY COULD AT MY HOUSE... I HAVE ALWAYS REMEMBRED THAT SPRING AS A SOURCE FOR CREATIVE USE...  AND CURRENTLY... IN TRYING TO DESIGN AN EFFECTIVE DONKEY SCRATCHERI KEEP THINKING THOSE SPRINGS MIGHT BE INTERESTING.  I WENT TO SEE MY FRIENDLY MECHANIC-(THERE AREN'T MANY OF THOSE AROUND NOW) he is looking--
and i.... am WAITING FOR THE HUSBAND OF A VOLUNTEER TO SHOW UP WITH A WELDERR AND SOME TIME TO GET ME STARTED.-- I KNOW WE ALREADY HAVE A SMALL WELDING  MACHINE.  HERE... SOMEWHERE...
--- 
 I LEARN SOMETHING  NEW EVERY DAY-----THERE WERE TO BE 2 ANINMALS -- A MULE AND A HORSE???  DROPPED HERE A COPLD DAYS AGO.. DID NOT FIT IN THE TRAILER JANINE   WAS TOWING SO SHE GOT ONE OF THE  COWBOY TYPES TO BRING  THEM TO MASS... SUPPOSED TO BE HERE... TURNS OUT-- I NEVER KNEW THIS...---- THERE IS A LIVESTOCK TRANSFER BARN NEAR LITTLETON AND THE 2 ANIMALS GOT DROPPED THERE.... AND NEED PICKING UP THIS MORNING...  SO COLBY( GRANDSON) AND I  ARE SUPPOSED TO  GO GET TEHM.. LEAVING HERE AT 8AM-- BACK HOPEFUYLLY BEFORE NOON-- WHEN THE ANIMALS SHOLD BE IN THE BIG STALL-- TIL WE FIGURE OUT WHAT IS NEXT.

ONE OF THE HORSES SHE BROUGH BACK IN HER TRAILER -- SHE SAYS IS A VERY NICE MARE--- EASY TO RIDE- MENTIONED I MIGHT EVEN TRY IT-- I.  THINK THAT GOLDIE HAS ARRIANGEED... IT IS BLACK WHTH WHITE LEGS AND FACE... JUST LIKE SIZZLE !!!!  JANINE SAYS ONCE CAUGHT IT IS PERFECT--- HER  PROBLEM IS ... IN A STALL SHE HAS LEARNED TO TURN HER REAR TO YOU WHEN YOU GO THRU HER DOOR.. IT HAPPENS  OFTEN.. AND CAN BE DEALT WITH ... BUT. NEARLY  EVERY THING OUT OF THE SLAUGHTER PENS HAS SOME REASON TO BE THERE... THIS COULD BE A PROBLEM USUALLY OVERCOM BY GRAIN ,   APPLES OR
CARROTS.  YOU JUST CAN NOT BE IN A HURRY WITH THIS PROBLEM....


our morning song