Sunday, June 27, 2021

JUNE 27 2021

 TIME WOUNDS ALL HEELS.. LOVE IT !!.. THE OTHER QUICKY QUIRKEY  QUOTE OF YESTERDAY WHICH REALLY MADE MY DAY... WHY DOES A MILKING STOOL HAVE3 LEGS? ( THE COW HAS THE UDDER) ---???WHERE IS STEVE WHEN YOU NEED HIM FOR ONE OF THOSE  PAINFUL WORD GAMES HE LOVES??-- I THINK HE IS AT HOME TRYING TO MAKE HIS ANKLES OR KNEES WORK PROPERLY.


I HAD ALOT OF QUESTONS ABOUT THIS CRAZY ACRES  FRIDAY CLASS FOR THE  INTELECTUALLY CURIOUS- YES-- IT IS OPEN TO ANYONE WHO SUPPORT US IN ANY WAY... EVEN A FEW POO PICKERS A MONTH   IN AN ENVELOPE FOR 50 CENTS POSTAGE. IS ENOUGH  IF AN ACTUAL CHICKEN BRICK IS BEYOND YOUR BUDGET...AND I KNOW HOW THAT IS !!--  MORE PEOPLE MORE LAUGHS..I AM NOT TOO SURE WHAT YOU WILL LEARN--  LIKE GOAT WRANGLING....BUT WE DO HAVE ANIMNAL EPISODES HAPPEN  HERE.. ALL OF WHICH ARE CHALLANGING AND SOMETIMES AMUSING.

WE CAN DO ANIMAL THINGS.---- LIKE  THE LIFTING OF A FOOT OF A 4 LEGGED BEST......    I KNOW ROPE SPLICING IS ON THE. MENU--- ALONG WITH KELLY POT COFFEE MAKING. I HAVE A SIDEBAR PURPOSE-- WE MUST LET POCKETS OUT TO WANDER MORE.... SHE IS A NICE ANIMAL. WHO JUST NEEDS TO KNOW WHAT IS ALLOWED...HAVEING TAUGHT  HER TO BITE TOWELS AND THINGS... KEEP YOUR  HANDS AWAY FROM HER MOUTH  WOULD BE MY ADVICE.-- SHE IS LIKE A YOUNG PUP WHO HAS NOT YET LEARNED THAT MOUTHING IS NOT ACEPTABLE.

I CAN THINK OF ONE TALENT SORELY MISSING IN THE GENERAL POPULATION.. HOW TO HERD AN ANIMAL-- I SEE IT ALL THE TIME AROUND HERE-- AND IT IS A CRITICAL BIT OF KNWOLEDGE
LIKE SAFETY KNOT TYING. -- AND I BET WE CAN PRACTICE ON THE CHICKENS AND GRADUATE TO THE GOATS..  BASICALLY TEH ANIMAL WILL GO AWAY FROM WHICHEVER EYE CAN SEE YOU-- DISTANCE IS NOT ALWYAS A FACTOR.. WHAT AMUSES ME IS WHEN WE ARE CHASING GOATS... SOMEONE ALWYAS ASSUMES 
'   THE GOATS WILL NEVER SEE THAT TINY OPENING.'   ....    ----WRONG!!!!     SOME DAY WATCH A GOOD  BORDER COLLIE WORK TO GET 20 SHEEP THRU A NARROW GATE-- THEY ARE THE. EXPERTS.

ON A LARK, I LOOKED UP SHEEP HERDING AND THE SECOND BOOK ON THE LIST WAS BY VIRGILL HOLLAND--  I IKNEW THAT GUY-- I BORROWED BOTH HE AND HIS DOGS FOR SOME MOVIE... HE IS  GOOD.  IT IS ALWAYS NICE TO HAVE SOMEONE WRITE A BOOK ABOUT SOMEHTING IN WHICH THEY ARE ACCOMPLISHED. 
 LIKE TEH BOOK ON N  MANAGEMENT OF  THE LAUNDRY IN THE WHILTE HOUSE..-- THERE IS SUCH A BOOK-- AND IT IS INTERESTING- TOTALLY AS NON POLITICAL. AS LAUNDRY CAN BE.. I WAS PARTICULARLY FASCINATED BY THE FACT THAT THE  ENTIRE STAFF HELPS IN THE 4 HOURS  THEY HAVE TO TOTALLY SWAP  ALL THE BELOONGINGS FROM ONE  RESIDENT TO THE OTHER DURING THE SWEARING IN OF THE  NEW PRESIDENT.

SO MUCH FOR BOOK LEARNING.---- AS FOR CHICKEN BRICKS-- TEH 23 %  SOLD SO FAR. SOUNDS LOW-- BUT IT IS COMPLICATED BY THE FACT THAT SOOOO MANY PEOPLE HAVE DONATED TO  REPLENISH  THE FUN FUND IN PAM'S NAME.. MOST OF THOSE HAVE SAID " OR WHEREVER NEEDED...."  ONE PERSON EVEN SAID. TO BUY CHICKEN BRICKS ANONYMOUSLY-- WELL TEH FUN FUND IS REPLENISHED-- SO TEH NEXT IS TO GET TEH CHICKEN BRICKS SOLD OUT.     I DO HAVE SOME  OF TEH PAM OVERFLOW ONES TO ENTER
WHICH I WILL  TRY AND DO TODAY-- BUT PLEASE , IF YOU CAN, KEEP YOU EYE ON TEH. CHICKEN. BRICKS...NEXT SHATTING IS JULY 4TH-- ALWAYS A TOUGH ONE...
----
AND HERE WE HAVE 2 RECIENT GRADUATE WHO HAVE MADE IT TO THE 6 MONTHS STARTING PHASE..... WHICH IS SOMETIMES TIRING.... DISCOURAGING... DURING WHICH TEH PERSON AND DOG TRY AND FIGURE OUT EACH OTHER.... MOST SPECTACULAR WAS MARY-- WHO SAW THE CEMETARTY AS A NICE QUIET PLACE TO  GET USED TO WORK ING WITH  ABBY--- AND ABBY THOUGHT IT WAS WONDERFUL OF MARY TO TAKE HER TO A PLACE SO FULL OF SQUIRRELS TO CHASE...  THIS MAKES MARY'S COMMENT ABOUT BUSY NOISY  A SIGNIFICANT STATEMENT ABOUT PERCEPTION----
-----

 After helping me navigate a very busy and noisy downtown without missing a beat, Abby had a play date with two of her favorite canine companions. Thought you'd enjoy this photo of a tuckered out but very happy young lady!

Best,

Mary
-----
Good morning, 

I wanted to share an update about how service dog Tin and I have been doing. For starters everything has been going amazing Tin is such a good boy (so incredibly smart) and everyone from SDP should be so proud of him. I also wanted to take the time to let SDP know that Tin slipped in our backyard while playing and hurt his ankle. Not to worry we went to the vet right away and Tin was on rest for a little bit but he didn’t do anything serious just a little bit of swelling, but now he is back to his crazy goofy normal self again and back to work and play. Back to how we’ve been, I truly cannot believe that Tin and I have already been together for 6 months! Tin and I have bonded so closely in such a short amount of time I cannot imagine how close we will grow in the years to come. During the time that Tin and I have been together Tin we started our journey by going to high school as a team. I was so impressed with how well Tin behaved in school, always focused on me and trying to do everything correctly so that he knew I was happy and safe. Although Tin had a couple bumps in the road when we first started going to school he has overcome every single one and continues to impress me on how he adapts so quickly. Another new experience that Tin and I had this year was that I got my first job! I am an administrative assistant in an office and it works perfect for Tin and I. While I am hard at work so is Tin, napping waiting for when I might need him. Another thing that amazes me about Tin is how strong he is. Every time we are going up or down stairs he doesn’t move at all, it is so reassuring to have he there and know that I can count on him to help keep me balanced. The amount of independence Tin gives me is life changing. I am able to do so many things I otherwise would not be able to do like, drive places myself and be able to go into stores, go shopping, go for a walk, hike, go to school, go up and down stairs with ease and most importantly I know that there is always someone there for me ready to help me and take on any adventure together. Tin and I have been having such a great summer and I am so thankful to SDP for yet again giving me back my independence! I really hope that Tin and I can visit soon so everyone can see how incredible Tin is, oh and how big he is too! We currently don’t even know how much he weighs because our vets scale only goes up to 175lbs!!!
Enjoy some pictures and videos below. 

GABBY

DO NOT LET TIN GET TOO OVERWEIGHT---  THIN IS NOT BAD....




Carlene White
www.servicedogproject.org