Monday, October 22, 2018

OCT 22 2018

i have determined when I have to tell someone no-- they may not just come in here and get a dog "off the shelf"  LIKE A PAIR OF SHOES... THat they  will  not be happy...- and the problem seems to be that every time i teLl someone we can not help them, they come back At me with  "but you helped xxxxx and tehy have the same diagnosis as i do... why not me??"   and i sit there.... WHY NOT ME?????  there are soooooo many reasons why not...-- 
however in an effort to stay positive... let me list the things we like to see on an application...
regardless of  the age or state of  health, we like to see a positive  attitude 
some statements i have heard lately   
" i drive my 93 year old neighbors to the ir doctors appointments, they have no family left" 
" i volunteer  IN MY WHEELCHAIR serving salad at the food kitchen" 
"second graders read to me." 
"i go greet returning soldiers at teh airport" 
" my ** grandmother's group** helps new mothers deal" 
"i am trying to learn sign language to help a newly deaf friend.",
"my dog is a bucket list dog for  people in hospice " 
" we made baby blankets out of shreads for kids who had none." 
" i baby sit and watch tv while the mother of a fussy baby  gets a nap"
" i keep their equipment  GREASED/ AND running"
"  i knit"
there is no end to ways to help someone else... so when someone sits here and tells me " i can't work, or  volunteer..MY DOCTOR SAYS  I am disabled" ..-- I KNOW FIRST HAND... DOCTORS CAN SAY ALMOST ANYTHING---  i wonder where is the  "able " part that REQUIRES  caring for one of our dogs ?
READ BELLA'S MOM'S LETTER ABOUT TEH THINGS TO ADDRESS WHEN YOU HAVE A SERVICE DOG...
LIKE ***IS THERE  A GALLONN  OF FRESH WATER BEHIND THE PASSENGERS SEAT IF WE ARE GOING TO BE OUT OF THE HOUSE FOR A FEW HOURS.???

OUR DOGS SHOULD BE OUT "WORKING" IN TEH COMMUNITY 3 OR 4 HOURS A DAY- AT LEAST.-- DOING SOMETHING.... ANYTHING....
WE CAN  NOT DONATE A DOG TO SOMEONE WHO JUST WANTS A COMPANION TO SIT AROUND THE HOUSE WITH THEM.
I HAVE TO QUOTE WWILL ROGERS   - never miss a good opportunity to shut up.
****
TUNE IN TOMORROW...  :)