Wednesday, October 8, 2014

oct 8 2014
before i forget -- someone suggested baby shamopoo on the sticker problem-- i don't see how it could work better than the stuff karen had....

i saw in the comments a cp and husband are coming here today..  wonderful--- i wish more of you would  figure out how to take a working vacation here for a few days at a time....  it is a huge help....  but keep in mind... it is a working vacation...  we are at it pretty much from 7 to 7 .

big project of the day is to move the new chicken pen into range of the puppy hill camera.. ... and it is raining---.. this will enable the chickens to have more grass to pick at   - at least to start with -- the only way i have ever been able to keep grass "under" chickens is to build a frame-- cover with   "rabbit wire or hardware cloth" ( the 1/2 inch squares)  and let the grass grow up underneath--- otherwise the chickens pull up roots and all.

i will help move it by sitting  in my heated /ac tractor cab and wiggling my fingers.

next major news----the sell out of the chicken bricks is still major-- big time---  but  in addition.....3 cp  people have pooled their donations to buy a new golf cart for carrying people...  a 6 seater----  they commented that carrying  handicapped persons  around on a golf cart with no brakes was a problem looking for a solution.. the solution is an ezgo S6  with serious tires, a roof and side canopie---..  it is supposed to arrive within 2 weeks.... 

the chicken bricks are going.... i apparently have some research to do today---one of the plqces on our web is sending you to the old board.... i will look into it.
if you note any problem   let me know in detail how it happens....
we have to keep the momentum going....

***********
lotsa cut and paste...

Subject: Cuba

I know you haven't heard from us in a while but Cuba is still my best friend. She is amazing. I take her everywhere in the truck and car. She gets along with the horses and foals so well. She still sleeps with me but is starting to snore. 

Was hoping Janine would have had the chance to see her. I am so proud of her. We are both getting a little gray in the eyebrows but I don't know what i would do without her. 

Thank you so much for her. I love her. She is my constant companion. We do everything together.

Tommy
*****
( tommy is dr.nugent in lexington ky-- who has race horses)

******************

Hi Carlene and Megan,
  Just a note to update you on my weekend with Agatha. I'll try to remember to add notes to the log binder in the barn.
  She was great in the Jeep on the way home. She actually slept most of the way. She was initially a little apprehensive when we got home, but settled down nicely after a few hours. She got along fine with our dogs, but is still not sure what to think of the cats. She occasionally barks at them and will give them a nudge with her nose if she gets the chance. With constant reminding that she should not, she seems to be getting better.
  We have a fairly wooded back yard which is loaded with squirrels. Our first meeting was a surprise encounter as we rounded the corner of the house. She saw it before I did and tried to take off after it. She did this once more on another outing. Each time I did what I could to convince her to "leave it". Several times since I have noticed her standing at the window at full attention as she watches the little critters running around the yard, so I don't think she is convinced yet...
 The first night she was a little too distracted to eat all of her dinner. Every other meal has been fine. She has slept well on her bed on the floor of our room and only gets up once or twice in the night to check on me and then goes back to bed. She has been keeping close tabs on me since she got here and gets fairly anxious if I am out of site. Now that she has realized that I can't leave the house via the bathroom, she is OK with letting me go in alone, but she is always waiting just outside the door. According to Lance, she was never able to calm down yesterday during my hour long trip to the grocery store. Lots of pacing, checking the doors, and whining. That being said she has not shied away from anyone here including Lance, all the "kids"  (if I can still call them that) and a number of their friends that have been in and out.
 I think that covers everything. I have to wait to see when I will have a car to bring her back. It will be either tonight or some time tomorrow. Megan said to put her in the laundry. I'll do that and let whoever is on shift know she is there.
 I've included a picture of her pretending to watch me work, but I think she is really sleeping. :-)
Thanks, and have a great week!
Joyce
************