Friday, October 24, 2014

oct 24 2014
boy did i get emails from recipients
i have einough to last me a week ( not a bad thing)

here goes the first-- all i can say is 
lynne and renee-- go get 'em

HI CARLENE,

WELL, YESTERDAY IT WAS 11 MONTHS AGO THAT I BROUGHT IVY HOME AS MY SERVICE DOG.  EVERYTHING IS GOING SO WELL.  OF COURSE, WE ARE BOTH STILL LEARNING.  THIS IS AN ONGOING PROCESS BUT ONE THAT I CHERISH EVERY SINGLE DAY.

I WOULD LIKE TO SHARE WITH A VERY BAD EXPERIENCE I HAD THIS PAST WEEKEND.  I HAD A MEDICAL EMERGENCY WHICH REQUIRED DREW CALLING 911 TO GET AN AMBULANCE TO COME AND TRANSPORT ME TO FALMOUTH HOSPITAL.  THE AMBULANCE STAFF WOULD NOT ALLOW IVY TO GO INTO THE AMBULANCE WITH ME STATING THAT THEY HAD NO WAY TO RESTRAIN THE DOG.  I EXPLAINED TO THEM THAT SHE WAS A SERVICE DOG AND DID NOT NEED TO BE RESTRAINED.  STILL, THEY WOULD NOT LET HER INTO THE AMBULANCE.  THIS NOT ONLY STRESSED ME OUT, BUT IVY MORE SO.

THEY SAID SINCE DREW HAD A TRUCK THEY COULD TAKE HER TO THE HOSPITAL TO MEET ME IN THE ER.  THIS WAS DISHEARTENING TO NOT ONLY ME, BUT DREW AND IVY AS WELL.  DREW SAID WHEN THE AMBULANCE DROVE OFF THAT IVY WAS EXTREMELY STRESSED OUT.

WHILE IN THE ER, DREW ARRIVED IN THE ER WAITING ROOM WITH IVY AND TOLD THEM I WAS THERE.  THEN, A VOLUNTEER CAME INTO THE ER AND TOLD MY ATTENDING NURSE THAT MY HUSBAND WAS THERE WITH MY SERVICE DOG.  WAS IT OK FOR THE SERVICE DOG TO COME IN.  APPARENTLY, EARLIER IN THE DAY, SOMEONE ELSE CAME IN WITH A SERVICE DOG AND THE EXPERIENCE FOR THE ER STAFF WAS VERY UNPLEASANT.  THE "SUPPOSED" SERVICE DOG WAS JUMPING ALL OVER PATIENTS, NOT OBEYING COMMANDS FROM THE OWNER AND BEING EXTREMELY DISRUPTIVE IN THE ER.

WELL, I HAVE TO SAY, THE COMPLIMENTS I RECEIVED FROM THE ER STAFF REGARDING IVY WERE SUPERIOR.  THEY PUT DOWN WARM BLANKETS FOR HER AND SHE JUST STAYED IN HER DOWN STAY THE WHOLE TIME I WAS THERE.  I AM SO PROUD OF HER, AS YOU AND EVERYONE AT SDP SHOULD BE.  SHE IS A TOTAL ROCK STAR IN OUR EYES.

I WAS EXTREMELY HAPPY WHEN I WAS REUNITED WITH IVY WHEN DREW BROUGHT HER INTO THE ER WHERE I WAS BEING TREATED.

THESE PEOPLE NEED TO BE EDUCATED ON WHAT SERVICE DOGS DO AND WHY THEY CANNOT BE SEPARATED FROM THEIR HANDLERS.  NEEDLESS TO SAY, IT WAS A VERY TRYING DAY FOR IVY, DREW AND MYSELF.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK YOU ARE DOING AT SDP AND FOR HELPING PEOPLE LIKE ME WHO NEED THESE SERVICE ANIMALS TO GET US THROUGH OUR MOST TRYING TIMES.

WITH MUCH LOVE,

BETTY, IVY AND DREW TINGLEY
****************
Hi Carlene. 
Harry potter and Beth here.  We have been keeping busy with work but always find time for some fun! There was a bit of a cookoff event here and Harry went to show off his great skills in crowds. We ran into some great people/and veterans and handed out several cards. A dog trainer working for a local dav chapter thought Harry was just wonderful and we will be emailing about promoting SDP! He was a total star and we hope that we brought in some new fans and followers for the group. It is adorable how when Harry hears a video of Megan he just lights up! He is amazing with voices. hers will get him every time. He tends to be funny when strangers try to get his attention and he flat out ignores them. He has such a funny personality . We can't wait to head back up there to see everyone again. It has been far to long to be away from home. While Harry still won't get on a couch, he still has so much he wants o show you so you can see what a great boy he is!-   
Harry and Beth

Dear Carlene,
I am one who is remiss in writing to you. I never know what to say.
Fiona is doing well and I love her dearly. We do the chicken donor wall together each month.
Fiona is there for me every day and in every way. 70% of Parkinson's patients experience depression, but although I have had depression in the past, I do not have it now.
I attribute this to Fiona who keeps my energy up and is my wonderful companion.
She is really funny. She does not like the Service men who come to the house. I explain to them that they have to wait until she comes to them, but they don't listen too well.That is when I use my exasperated voice and there is no question.
Fiona loves going to the hair salon, where she greets everyone coming in and the hairdresser just love her. I did not take her once and I thought that they were going to throw me out.
We play cards every other week and she goes around the table sniffing everone's hair then lays down for 3 hours! They say that they do not know she is there.
Fiona and you are so prescious to me and I promise to write, even if it seems like there is nothing happening, but she is there for me everyday and in every way, what more could I want to write about.
Fiona and Mary Lou
P.S. So many people take pictures of her when we are out, it is amazing, but she is a pretty, pretty girl
now i can go ride around on my new golf cart !!!!!