Friday, September 5, 2014

SEPT 5 2014

BUSY DAY STARTING EARLY
PEOPLE ARRIVING

 
I HAVE A DR. APT THAT I COULD NOT CHANGE  AT 8:30 THIS MORNING-- I WILL BE BACK AS SOON AS I CAN AFTER IT...


**************
So, our first day on the job was amazing! Wicked is such a great partner. As you 
may remember, I'm working with veterans and some other uniformed service people 
(police officers, corrections officers, etc) who are struggling with mental 
health issues (frequently related to the stress of their jobs, combat and so 
on). We had someone new come to the program today who was really not sure they 
wanted to stay. No one could really make the connection with him that was needed 
to make him feel comfortable. No one except Wicked that is! He saw her, asked if 
he could say hello to her, and immediately connected. The three of us had lunch 
together, and he's decided to give the program a try. 
  For men and women who are suffering and feel alone, the decision to stay and 
get help can be life-altering, even life-saving. Wicked has been such a blessing 
to me, and seeing her, on her first day, have that impact on someone else was 
really amazing. 
Feeling blessed,
Bethany & Wicked