Thursday, November 1, 2018

NOV1 2018

NONE SO BLIND AS THOSE WHO WILL NOT SEE.  THAT IS THE TRUE-ISM FOR THE DAY.--AND IT IS SO TRUE THAT I REALLY DON'T HAVE ANYTHING MORE TO SAY TODAY. 

Hi Carlene and all at SDP,

Charlotte and I have had the most hectic week and it's only Wednesday. Today, for example, I got my chemo this morning at 7:30-10, then watched my youngest and middle girls Halloween parade for their costumes. Charlotte was such an angel through all the morning, napping while I got my dose and was not distracted by all the kids walking by us. While turning my head around so much to try and see my kids I almost went down, my wife says that Charlotte saved me from falling over 3 times by her count. Then Charlotte and I went to my 4th grader's class party and gave a quick talk about blood. My wife and I put together 2 little cups, one with corn syrup (plasma) and the other with marshmallows (white blood cells), cinnamon dots (red blood cells), and tiny white decorations (platelets). It only took a few minutes from sitting at the front of the class. Then I did Spooky Bingo with part of the class while others played other party games. The children were very very good to not try and pet Charlotte and Charlotte, for her part, stayed by my side and only stood up when she thought I was going to stand. She knows my mind and almost beats me to it most of the time.

Now I'm packing for Charlotte and I to travel to Sacramento, California tomorrow to be there for my father while he has some leg surgery. We'll be there over the weekend and I've already made contact with a CP in Sacramento so I'm happy that I'll get to say hi to the west coast :). Again, thank you for you and all that you do for us. My quality of life has so improved since Charlotte entered my life. I may never be who I was 10 years but I'm looking forward to the 10 years ahead. Thanks.

Paul and Charlotte