Friday, March 16, 2018

march 16 2018
Time to  get out the burpee catalog  and dream...we made it past the ides of march-- wasn't that a caesar problem???  somehow i figure   from teh ides of march to pea planting time is a short run.--..we had good peas last year-- along the fence of the flat field... on the driveway side-- is abotu the only place on the property free from dogs and mules.  so as i dropve by on my golf cart i could stop and grab a handfull and eat them. best peas are raw anyway.
***
soooo.... last night's mail call was interesting....least i thought so... ...mostly the "computer doctor" wsas here at my machine... a guy selling bathroom flooring on th e couch with 2 danes, the new german  pup in everyone's way-- cindy running thru trying to get chinese food orders , a new recipient sitting onthe floor with his new dog. and steve cmae thru the door with 2 huge fedex boxes which made one of the dogs on the couch barkj made  the guy sell ing bathroom flooring jumop  ...every one doing exactly what they would be doing  in a "normal situation"   sales guy on the phone.. computer guy concentrating on the computer...  that is what makes it so funny... the seriousness... like th e boat crossing teh deleware highway... everybody is working.
****
 i carry on my trifolded 5 x 7  yellow index card  all the things that used to go in my head before my head got so cluttered... historically i used to put just tehe date at the top... now i have to put the date and teh day of theweek ( having che3cked that informaqtion ohn the special "DAY" clock i have over my desk and in my bedroom...) todays card includes---- DECIDE ON OWNER TRAINED....   and  YOU TUBE ..
 WHEN I GET THEM DONE I X THEM OFF, OR I HAVE TO CARRY THEM ON TO THE NEXT DAY'S CARD.... 2 BIGGIES OF THE DAY...
****
TEHRE IS A NEED.... FOR OWNERS OF PERFECTLY TRAINED DOGS TO BE ABLE TO  DECLARE THEM AS SERVICE DOGS...- I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND TEH ADI POSITION.... ANYONE CAN HANG UP A SHIHNGLE AND DECLARE THEY ARE  DOG TRAINERS- AND I CAN NOT TELL YOU HOW OFTEN I HAVE HAD TO SIT AND LISTEN TO
  " MY DOG IS A PERFECT DOG AND I WANT TO FLY TO LONDON SO I NEED TO DECLARE HER A SERVICE DOG... SHE IS PERFECTLY BEHAVED- SHE ONLY BITES SOMETIMES" 
 OR EVEN MORE DESPARATE. 
" I GOT OUT OF IRAQ 5 YEARS AGO AND "FOOFOO" HAS BEEN MY CONSTANT COMPAINION SINCE-- I CAN OT GO ANYWHERE WITHOUT HER"-
 THIS IS SOMETIMES TRUE- FAR BE IT FOR ME TO DENY THEM THE PRIVILEDGE.. IF TEH DOG IS PERFECTLY BEHAVED... AND IT OFTEN IS.... SO HOW???????
***
IDENTIFY A PROBLEM AND SOLVE IT.... THIS SHOULD HAVE TH E BOARD OF DIRECTORS OPINION....
- I DON'T MEAN TO SET MYSELF UP AS AN EXPERT... BELLA AND GEORGE DID THAT---  I CAN TELL A NICELY TRAINED DOG AT ABOUT 50 YARDS-- I DARESAY BOTH MEGAN AND STEVE CAN TOO...  WHAT I AM NOW THINKING IS TO PROVIDE  ADI "TESTING" FOR THESE PEOPLE WHO THINK THEIR DOGS ARE / OR CAN BE SERVICE DOGS--  I CAN ALSO SEE THAT  WE COULD BE INUNDATED WITH  FOO FOO'S---- SO ---- I NEED TO TALK WITH STEVE AND MEGAN--  IF WE SET UP A TESTING PROCEEDURE  THE DOG MUST  BE PASSED BY 2 OUT OF THE 3 OF US-- USING THE ADI PUBLIC ACCESS TEST--   THEY CAN SCHEDULE THE TEST WITH  EACH OF US- ON DIFFERENT DAYS.. AND BEFORE THE TEST STARTS YOU HAND THE TESTOR A  NON REFUNDABLE  $50 BILL--  THAT $50 SHOULD STOP THE MASSES--- OR WE COULD ENJOY  THE EFFORT--- WHATEVER...  .  FOR THAt $50 you would get  a copy of that test--- what was right and wrong...we would only test-- all training would be someone else's problem.  IF THE OPERSON GETS 2 TESTS SIGNEDBY MEG STEVE AND ME, THEN LINDA CAN MAKE UP A CERTIFIED  SOMETHIGN....

this  began to hatch when thei kate person-- who may be here today- is working withn veterans and shelter dogs  but has no way of certifying-- she can not join ADI without alot of paperwork, money. and f A acility-- but if she has a good thing going we need to encourage her... the wholEd SD world needs more traINERS....-- I HAVE OFTTEN SAID-- YOU DON'T TRAIN TRAINERS, YOU FIND TEHM.... SO I AM LOOKING...
*****
AND THE OTHER  TO DO ... IS TO FIGURE OUT THIS NEW VIDEO WE HAVE ON DISC... DO WE SELL THOSE FOR $15  OR DO WE JUST PUT IT ON YOU TUBE AND HOPE SOME FRIENDLY MILLIONAIRE SENDS US MONEY?? IT IS REALLY  A   "HOW AND WHY " WE DO WHAT WE DO... FROM BREEDING,TO TRAINING, TO "USING" ---- A VERY QUICK RUN DOWN...
****

I WILL NOW GO "OUT THERE" AND TRY AND GET A COPU OF TEH ADI TEST.....