Friday, March 9, 2018

mar 9 2018

I JUST PUT IT ON CHAT THAT MAYBE THE POWER CREWS SHOULD BE
 CONSIDERED FOR CAKE ON THE 19TH SINCE THEY ARE “LIFE SAVERS”
now that is a good idea.... maybe  life savers would be more handy to give out
*//
praises beeeeeee-- our generator coughed several times at abotu 8pm and i panic'd big time-- it stopped.. and teh lights stayed on-

teh concept of no electricity and trying to keep 50+ dogs -- if not comfortable... at least not medically  uncomfortable... would have meant my fireplace  and one big whiffle bat-- and steve  in the training room with a similar arraingement with the barn dogs. it would have demanded totaL CONTROL- AND BENTLEY PROBABLY  LOCKED IN MY BATHTUB...
 ALONG ABOUT THEN YOU WORRY ABOUT THE FLOOR GIVING IN AND THE LALLY COLUMNS IN TEH CELLAR...

BOTH DEAGEL AND NUTT  HOUSE HAVE WOOD STOVES-- WHICH I CAN NOT SERVICE  all night long... but they are ther. --AND I  HAD NOT EVEN CHECKED ON THEM BEING READY TO TOUCH WITH A MATCH...
THERE IS ALOT WE  ARE NOT READY FOR... GENERATOR FAILURE IS NOT ONE OF THEM-- AND WALKING DOGS BETWEEN BUILDINGS- I CAN'T DO EITHER... THE ALLEYWAY IN FRONT OF KENNELS 1 TO 10 CAN BE SEPARATED INtO 3 DIFFERENG "JAILS" WITH A MATT ON THE FLOOR.... THE FEED ROOM IS ANOTHER  AND IN THE ALLEY IN  FROM OF WALTER'S SIDE-- IF THE BARN GENERATOR StAYED RUNNING IT COULD TAKE THE PAIRS OF DEAGLE AND NUTT IF SOMEOEN COULD GET THEM THERE.... 
STEVE HAD TH EELECTRIC START GENERATOR GOING ON AN ESXTENSION CORD.in the training room...... I THINK THAT HAS ENOUGH POWER TO RUN THE HEATER?? MAYBE  WE SHOULD CHECK TODAY....    BBBUUUUDDDDDDD??????
***
 SO I CALLED TEH PROPANE COMPANY AND SAID WE WERE DOWN 40% IN 12 HOURS  SO I WOUL D NEED GAS BEFORE NOON TODAY...  I SAID I WAS TEH ONE WITH ALL THE GREAT DANES  ---  THE MAN ON THE PHONE  STARTED IN ABOUT MANY OLD PEOPLE camr first....-- I STOPPED
 HIM SHORT WITH -- I AM  80 YEARS OLD WITH 50 DANES..     HE SAID HE WOULD GET HERE
****
WAY BACK AT THE BEGINNING,  BEFORE I EVEN HAD ANY GENERATOR, I BOUGHT INVERTERS... FOR THE CARS...- THEY DON'T RUN MUCH- BUT DO CHARCE STUFF   INVERTERS PLUG INTO THE CIG LIGHTER AND WILL RUN A FEW LIGHTS ETC--- THE Fat extension cords become an issue
this summer on a nice sunny day we shohjudl go round with a magic marker and write on all these appliances what it takes to run them...

*****
walter  has had a terible upset tummy  along with his hole in his leg... driving poor megan nuts..  yesterday she dripped 10 bags of fluyid into him and is terrified he will get licking the back leg or pullout th iv...and i remembered...... i did a tv  job once with a dog-- in a museam type house- and i had to sleep over because the call time was ?3:30 am??? at any rate i waqs terrified the dog woeld eat some expnsive couch or rug.. so i made a head harness kind of thing with light string n and tied her to my wrist so i could sleep... and if she moved, i woul d know it.  i think megan might get some sleep that way...
thanki heavens we have the fluid from thaT  " LACK OF FLUID ROUTINE" WHERE YOU ALL SENT  SO MUCH TO US-- WE HAVE BEEN KIEEPING TRACK  ROTATING SO IT IS NOT OUTDATEDE...
*****
Dear Carlene and all at SDP, I'm writing tonight to tell you just how proud of Wrinkle I was tonight. I had to go to the VA hospital to get a MRI before scheduling my surgery. As we were leaving I was walking with Wrinkle and passed another SD. The other SD promptly went nuts, jumped up, and started barking like crazy! Through all this Wrinkle gave one quick glance and just kept going. We had to go to a desk to input some information and when we got up to leave (the other SD was about 35 feet away) the other SD started barking again, and again Wrinkle gave one quick glance and just walked on. I was SO PROUD! She reacted exactly as she should have and I may have gotten lousy medical news BUT, the way she acted made my day! I walked out with a huge smile on my face! All this was possible because of SDP's constant attention to breeding, training and most of all the love you ALL put into each and every Dane. Thank you for all you do, I can't really put into words how much I appreciate Wrinkle and how she has given me my life back! All our love to all at SDP, Wrinkle and me    P.S. Can't wait to see you all at Dogfest!