Saturday, May 30, 2015

may 30 2015
quick doggie
finally------ last night- before megan left we got one of the connections made... i sat on one pipe and megan hit  the other with qa sledge hammer- and it at least starteed to connect... god bless wd40    -- i left it for the ge bunch coming in about 2 hours.-- the apparently are mostly engineers.. and generally , i findg   engineers like challanges.... boy have we got 'em.

once that is overcome. it ought to go up quickly...  but ... we m ay have to move the operation into the shade by the guest house  where there is almost a flat piece of hot top...  with enough people they can then carry the rafters down to toe location.

steve  #2    if you are reaing this    on the way here...   we need 1.25 inch 1/4" lag screws--- a box of 100 would be good.  
we have the lambchops thanks to steve #3
*****
this next bit about george.....
he is needing to be bella's crutch  and maybbe next week  her wheelchair puller--  from the video which i can try and attach--- it looks like he totlly understands the problem...  this is not a trained dog- this illustrates my theory some danes are born trained... just don't wreck them by micro managing.    he might need a few minutes of explination about this hardware he is to drag  which might  hit him in the rear once in a while...  but it will be an explination only...  and ... it sounds like geroge finally got the school  to appreciate his job.
let us all pray for george's continued health and well being-- ( and maybre bella's too.)

Hey Carlene,
I just wanted to share this quick video with you. Bella was practicing walking with George and using her crutch. Her knee has been giving her a lot of trouble and with the surgery coming she may have to stay off it for a couple week but she said there is no way she can stay off of George so he could be one crutch and the real crutch on the other side. This was his first try and he did pretty good. He is such a good boy and I have been hearing great reports about him at school. So thank you for everything!  I plan to be up there for a couple hours Monday morning so I look forward to seeing you. 
Rachel.  


CARLENE,
MY SON, SISTER, NIECE, AND I VISITED YOU IN JULY. WE ARE THE ONES THAT LASTED ONE NIGHT IN THE TEEPEE.  I TOLD YOU HOW MY STUDENTS WITH AUTISM LOVE WATCHING THE CAMERAS. THIS SCHOOL YEAR HAS BEEN THE SAME ONLY THIS YEAR THEY WERE ABLE TO MEET ONE OF YOUR DOGS; CORKY. CORKY AND KRISTINA WERE WONDERFUL!!  MY STUDENTS LOVED CORKY AND SHE WAS SO GOOD WITH THEM. SHE KNEW WHO TO APPROACH, HOW, AND WHEN. AFTER VISITING MY CLASSROOM CORKY AND KRISTINA VISITED OTHER CLASSROOMS WHERE SHE DISCUSSED WHAT CORKY DOES FOR HER AND SERVICE DOG RULES.  IT WAS A TREAT.  MY SON AND I WILL BE SEEING YOU IN JULY AGAIN. I CAN'T WAIT!!  I'VE INCLUDED SOME PICTURES OF CORKY WITH ME. I AM WORKING ON GETTING CLEARANCES TO SHARE ONES WITH THE STUDENTS WITH YOU. CORKY WAS CONCERNED ABOUT KRISTINA AND ALL 8 OF MY STUDENTS. SHE TRIED TO KEEP AN EYE ON EVERYONE!
THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU AND YOUR TEAM DOES!
JENN BELL
*********
love it !!!  double duty !!!
**********
Fiona and I are fine. Volunteer work keeps us busy, as does cards and book club. I have a friend who gives Fiona a milk bone when she leaves and Fiona can tell when it is time
even before she gets off of the couch.Fiona helped a worker put down ground cloth in the back yard yesterday. She was very much interested until I came in the house. I love it
when she lays on the couch next to me to read. She is such a gentle loving friend. You have taught her so much and handled her in a way to instill a great temperment.
 
She still is not crazy about men coming to the door and I have to repeat to them "give her her space". They ignore me the first time and try to approach her and she barks and
goes into the family room and I scold them. They think that because they have a dog they know all about them, but Fiona is special and likes to approach first. It always works
out.
 
You sound so busy at SDP, but I guess that it is always like that. I love daily doggie and all of you. Fiona does too.
Love
Fiona and Mary Lou