Thursday, August 7, 2014

aug 7 2014

" you give them a good life and when its time...".

Carlene
I wanted to let you all know first. This morning almost three years to the day and beyond what was expected, Indy let us know it was time. As with her cancer the deciding factor was sudden and complete so as to avoid any prolong suffering if anything good can be taken from this there is that.
I know , Carlene, you  struggle with what these situations may bring to us as vets. But I also hear your words, " you give them a good life and when its time...". Hearing those words using my support network I will be ok. Its by no means a graceful day but we knew it was coming and have been prepairing.
She will always remain a part of this family and especially myself. Together we overcame so many obstacles and opened doors for several other veterans who had never considered service dogs untill seeing our bond. We all owe a great thanks to you.
It is clear and has been made clear to me that I will need to partner up again. Not sure how that process works or time frame or any of that .... going to need a few days before I get into that... just need to process a bit...
Thanks again...
Bud...

INDY DID HAVE A VERY NICE LIFE WITH BUD...

IT ALWAYS BOTHERS ME KNOWING THAT THESE OWNERS WILL PROBABLY OUTLIVE THIER PARTNERS. I THANK BUD 2 FOR HANDLING IT SO WELL.. IT IS VERY WRONG TO TRY AND STRETCH OUT THE DOG'S LIFE FOR A FEW MONTHS BY PUTTING THEM THRU MISERY OF CHEMO OR SUCH..  THEY WILL LOOK AT YOU AND SAY... I NEED TO GO TO SLEEP.  AND YOU HELP THEM..

KNOWING THIS WAS COMING-- AND A PERSON WHO DEALS WITH THE DEATH OF THEIR SERVICE DOG GOES TO THE TOP OF OUR LIST...  WE HAVE A DOG OR TWO  IN MIND TO CARRY ON WHERE INDY LEFT OFF.  YOU NEVER KNOW IF IT WILL WORK TIL YOU TRY THE MATCH---  SO WHEN HE IS READY....
*********
I HAVE HAD MANY EMAILS ABOUT THE POKER CHIPS NOT ARRIVING...
MEGAN FORGOT  TO MIAL THEM  THEY SHOLDL ARRIVE SOON  SHE MAILED THEM YESTRDAY... I THINK

*****

SHEILA IS SUFFERING THRU THE SHIRT ORDER.... YOU ALL HAVE TO REALIZE-- WE ARE NOT GENERAL MOTORS OR THE IRS  WITH ALOT OF HELP AND REASOURCES..
GOING THRU THEM LAST NIGHT WAS COMICAL.. FOR INSTANCE
THE PERFECT WAS ...  HERE IS  MY ADDRESS AND SIZE WRITTEN ON EITHER A PAPER OR THE STICK..
THERE WERE MANY VARIATIONS OF.....
HERE-S $10 FOR  JOAN'S SHIRT SHE IS SENDING HER SPIRIT STICK SEPARATELY  WITH THE ADDRESS.
 WHO'S JOAN?? AND HOW TO MATCH THAT UP?

WE TRIED--- AND IF WE GOT IT 100% I WILL BE AMAZED---  PLEASE BE GENTLE  IF AND WHEN YOU ARE ONE OF THE ONES WE GOT WRONG.
********
SHORT DOGGIE -- I WAS UP LATE WITH THE STICK PROCESSING...


LYDIA
Happy and healthy! Long day dr appts, prescription pick up etc. Made great new dog friend. Same routine am- pm even if days do different things. 
Working on keeping her pace slow enough. Shes working hard and with a lot of new stuff to deal with but doing great and lots of wagging tail!
You can calm your nerves. Lydia is a happy pup who is snoring next to me right now :)