Thursday, September 20, 2018

sept 29 2018

WHAT IS WITH THE MONKEY FIST BIT?????  MEGANS SISTER DECIDED A BIG  ONE WOULD HOLD TEH  TABLE NUMBERS FOR HER WEDDING SO I MADE 10 BIG ONES....   AND JANNA ( YOU KNOW... THE ONE WHO BRINGS US LEFT OVER CONFERENCE FOOD FROM HER WORK PLACE...  AND WHO'S MOTHER PULLS WEEDS FROM OUR GARDENS)  SHE WANTS 100  OF TEH 1" ONES  FOR FAvors at her wedding...  well i haD 79 IN PREP FOR DOG FEST----- LAST NIGH'S INSOMNIA CREATED.......8 MORE--- SO I AM WELL ON THE WAY TO 100-- THEY TAke between 5 and 10 min to make-- how did i learn??? goldie.... i dunno--  I JUST TRIED---  I DON'T THINK THERE IS A SCHOOL FOR MONKEY FIST MAKING  ---  except my father  had some expression i can not remember aBOUT MAKING SOMETHING OF VALUE FROM   MATERIALS THAT WERE RELATIVELY INEXPENSIVE...- HE WAS INVOLVED WITH INVENTING THINGS THAT INVOLVED LARGE CHUNCKS OF  STEEL.  HIS ADVICE WAS TO GET INTO SOMETHING LIIKKE FLY SWATTERS  WITH LOWER  FRIEGHT COSTS...
ONE NEVER KNOWS WHEN SOME ODD BIT OF "INCIDENTAL INTELLIGENCE"  CAN HAVE MONUMENTAL RESULTS-- LIKE TEH  SPLICING OF ROPE IN SOMEONE'S BARN WAS SO IMPRESSIVE THAT THE OWNER WROTE  A BIG CHECK WHICH GOT SDP GOING...
***
 I GOT THIS FROM LAURA....
Hi Carlene,
I meant to email you a little bit ago but about a week or two ago I was in art class (required by the school) and there were AWLS in the middle of the table and I knew exactly what it was, what it was used for and how to use it. We ended up using them later on in class. No one had ever heard of them and all I could think of was you. The teacher was impressed that I knew what it was never mind how to use it. I really do miss the farm, all the people and of course the dogs you are all family. I have been very busy with studying, I have to keep up a certain GPA for nursing which is stressful at times but I will be able to do it. I am enjoying school, it has been a pretty good experience so far. I hope all is well at the farm and hope I can visit soon!
Love,
Laura

I EXPECT GREAT THINGS FROM ALL THE KIDS INVOLVED HERE....  EXCELLENT GRADES AND  CREATIVE THINKING --- ALONG WITH  KEEN OBSERVATION, HARD WORK AND STAMINA....
ONE OF THE BIGGEST THINGS IN RUNNING SDP OR FARMING IN GENERAL IS BEING OBSERVANT--- AND DEPTH OF THOUGHT...  LIKE IF YOU FIND A BOLT LYING  IN THE DRIVEWAY- CERTAINLY A VALUABLE THING TO PICK UP -- BUT MORE IMPORTANT  WHAT PIECE OF EQUIPMENT IS ABOUT TO FALL APART FOR LACK OF THAT BOLT??
   IS THAT PUDDLE IN THE DRIVEWAY JUST AIRCONDITIONING  CONDENSATION --- OR IS IT  OIL.... OR WORSE  AIRCONDITIONING FLUID (poisonous) 
***
 i love th picture of mo in harness in the tug of war wih the   16 kids it is on janine's facebook    -- janine not really paying attention ot mo-- and her co-hort standing in front with a bucket of grain... it is one of those things i would not do with a horse....-- chances are a mule would be more sensible ..  a biiiiiiig difference is a frightened horse will panic and run-- a  frightened donkey  will stand still and try and figure out what to do next...  this is alot easier to deal with...  mo takes after her donkey parent... and pulled very nicely 3 times.... the 4th she decided to back carefully.. and uncontrollably..  scattering the kids...  well done... 
****
MY FIRE DEPT GOT "BOSTON CREME PIE  YESTERDAY ( THE 19TH)  WE WERE UP TO 42 STATES... I HOPE WE ARE ALL STILL THERE...  i did get a few reports of fire depart ment  cakes...
***
11:00 telephone interview with ?paying it forwarte grant???
and sometime this aftternoon( because  california time...)an explore.org practice 1 hour discussion

both of which have me tech challanged-- i have no problems  talking for an hour.... as we all know.... it is getting hooked up on teh computer/phone/ whatever that scares me.

 another goal today  if judy is here maybe...
take 2 pups to a nursing home  in the red carriage for a photo op...
****
and so it goes....