Wednesday, July 25, 2018

JULY 25 2018
INVEST IN BOX CUTTERS !!!  this new modern way of GETTING A BOX FULL OF  EXACT INGREDIENTS   FOR  meal preperation  has iit's virtues  -- i am not sure it is very much more expensive on the long run either.-- sure is alot less waste !-- we have been getting  8 meals ( of 2 kinds)  from blue apron-- del on  saturday--  which pam cooks sunday/monday-- and they are gone by tuesday-- the meals are "good sized"   great variety-- and if the recipie calls for a tablespoon of vinegar, you get a tablesopoon of vinegar.
yesterday- for teh first time someone sent a lunch package   which we will eat today-- loaves of bread/ meat... cheese... mustard... and pickles etc...  CP  lynn herbert  ordered it from  zingerman's--- it all looks in perfect shape-- i am told there are 5 containers of icecream in teh freezer which came with it.

being an elder-- to put it mildly--  shopping is one of the  AGING problems --- along with showering and toenail cutting...amazon has 99% of shoping under control-- now  entire uncooked dinners are available too...
**
SHOPPING--- CASE IN POINT--- 
 THERE HAS  EXISTED ON THE FARM  A LOVELY LITTLE WOOD STOVE-- A LEFT OVER FROM MY DAYS AS CABOOSE OWNER--  WHEN I SOLD TEH CABOOSE, I REMOVED TEH STOVE-- AND IT SAT. AND SAT.. AND SAT  GETTING CLOSER TO THE DUMPSTER WITH EACH MOVE...
FINALLY--- SOMEONE REPAIRED THE ROOF  OF WHAT WAS COLBY'S FORT ( AND IS NOW THE SMOKING SHED) -- AND I REALIZED AT THERE WAS A PLACE WHERE IT WOULD AT LEAST FIT- ESPECIALLY SINCE WE NOW HAD A FORK LIFT TO LIFT THE THING,,,....EVEN IN IT'S TERRIBLY RUSTED CONDITION- IT WAS IMPRESSIVE INIT'S OWN WAY..'

CP-- JODY-( FROM -MARYLAND) IS A SMOKER-- AND NOTICED  THIS IMPRESSIVE LUMP OF RUST... AND GOT INSPIRED... 3 DAYS OF REMOVING THE BURNED ON DUCT TAPE, AND 3 TUBES  OF BLACK STOVE GOOP, THIS LITTLE STOVE IS BEAUTIFUL--  YOU CAN NOW SEE THINGS LIKE MOOSE AND TREES ON THE SIDES- ONCE OVERED WITH RUST...
I DON'T LIKE THINGS CAPABL;E OF FUNCTIONING THAT DO NOT FUNCTION   PEOPLE OR OBJECTS)  SO NOW WE NEED TO GET STOVE PIPE SO WE CAN LIGHT THE THING--- IT HAS AN EXIT HOLE OF 4 3/8 INSIDE  DIMENTION  ( ID) AND 4 3/4 OD WHICH STARTED THE  HUNT.... MOST STOVE PIPE COMES 6" 
 IF I HAD TO WALK AROUND HOME DEPOT AND THE LIKE FOR THIS ODD SIZE STOVE PIPE, THAT LITTLE STOVE WOULD NEVER BE OPERATIONAL .. THANKS TO AMAZON I CAN SIT AT MY DESK AND NOT FIND IT EITHER...  BUT AT LEAST I AM MORE COMFORTABLE TRYING...-- I MIGHT YET LOCAT A 4 TO 6 INCH AFDAPTER-- OR SINCE IT IS OUTSIDE JUST USE TEH 6" WITH ALOT OF GOOP.
THE POSSIBILITY OF FINDING TEH PARTS ON AMAZON IS WHAT MADE THE DE-RUSTING A VIABLE PROJECT IN THE FIRST PLACE.

OF COURSE-- HAVING A STOVE IN A BUILDING WHICH HAS NO WALLS IS QUESTIONABLE...
WELCOME TO CRAZY ACRES...
***
I POSTED ERICA AND ASHER'S VERSION OF TEH TRIP TO NYC... NOW HERE IS SEAGRAM'S VERSION...
*******
SEAGRAM’S STORY — A REUNION WITH MY BROTHER, ASHER 

Last weekend, I had THE BEST weekend since I was reunited with my big brother!! I knew that Mom had been planning a special trip to New York City, but I had no idea that we would enjoy it this much!! And it wasn’t just about seeing Asher, since I also saw Miss Haley again and met the lovely woman that my brother helps!!

When we all met up, of course Asher & I were busy exchanging hellos. In case you are wondering, yes, we definitely recognized each other, even after almost two years!! And after extended greetings including lots of sniffing, I can assure you that he still smells the same ;)
But he is SO MUCH taller than I remember.

I was so excited to teach my brother some new things, including about aspects of life in the city. Our first order of business was just that — literally business. We all went for a walk to a nearby park, which was all concrete & brick, much to his disappointment. He looked at me in shock, saying, “This is a park?!?”. I explained to him that there are very few spots of grass, so that he was going to have to get used to going on the concrete. We had managed this at the Farm, by the going in the area outside the kennels, but Asher wasn’t happy about this necessary aspect of city living. I showed him how is done, but he held out for awhile. A small area of dirt surrounding a tree seemed to help him. I think all of us — pups & people — were relieved when he managed to go outside (groan, bad pun intended). 

I was so proud to be outside walking with Mom, alongside my handsome brother, who was busy helping his Mom. And of course I was happy to see Miss Haley, too, though of course I focused on Mom while in vest. 

Once out of our vests, Asher and I relaxed while all the humans chatted, although we were both close to Miss Haley, too. She gives very good rubs & scratches. She also looked at me repeatedly over the weekend and said that I was “perfect.” I just LOVED hearing that from her.  

We went for a walk and I was able to show my brother Park Avenue. I think he was rather disappointed, since there wasn’t a good plot of grass for him to go potty, but the flowers were beautiful nonetheless. I tried to explain how to model with me for pictures, but he was new to this idea of being in a photo without his person ((SEE PHOTO)). He didn’t want to leave her, and it was so sweet to watch how much he loves and helps her. I am so proud of the amazing Service Dog that he has become. I have to admit that I had my doubts, since he was such a silly puppy, but he has grown up to be truly incredible, which is why I am now calling him Amazing Asher!! And his Mom said that she appreciates his silly side. It sounds like he adds much-needed humor into her sometimes stressful days as she studies. My personality is very different, and Mom called me “reserved” as the humans were discussing us pups. I think that is accurate, although I don’t hold back when I am rolling around on the grass in my yard ;-)

One of my favorite parts of the trip was sharing Central Park with my brother and the humans. We visited early in the morning, for off-leash time, so Amazing Asher & I were able to play together. Then Miss Haley joined in the fun and that was even better!! ((SEE PHOTO)) My tail was wagging lots & I was a giddy girl. We did zoomies together, although some of our enthusiasm was tempered by the warm weather. It didn’t take long for us to start to “wilt” in the heat, as shown by our long tongues. The humans decided that we should cool off by enjoying the Met together. 

The Met is a fascinating place, since there is so much art there. I always find it funny when Museum patrons take pictures of me, rather than focusing on the incredible art there. Our group attracted even more attention this time. However, I suppose it is uncommon for New Yorkers to see two Great Danes working together, so I tried my best to look pretty for their pictures. And Mom took a picture of me near an incredibly detailed dress on display as part of their current special exhibit — I am so glad that I just have to wear a vest and necklace (aka leash), not the fancy get-up that humans do!! ((SEE PHOTO))

Then we were off to Broadway to see Chicago. Ok, to be specific, the humans were to enjoy Chicago, while Amazing Asher & I planned to have a good sleep during the show. It took us some time to hail a cab, but we managed to get a minivan cab so we could all fit. 

I was also excited to show my brother how to ride in a cab. He was pretty easygoing about it, and I think the cabbie was more nervous, asking, “Are you SURE that you’re all going to fit?” as we piled in. Mom said, “Of course.” After all, this cab was relatively roomy, so we were able to fit just fine, although Haley had to sit in the front. I had the seat by the window, since I went in first, and I think that Asher was a little jealous of the view. Lol ((SEE PHOTO)). 


We were impressed with the kindness & efficiency of the staff at the theater, since a Security Guard quickly brought us in, and the Manager showed us to our seats. The view inside the theater was impressive ((SEE PHOTO)). We settled in and the humans were ready to enjoy the show, while I was tired from our activities so it was nap time. I had a seat all to myself, so I was next to Mom, and not in the aisle at all. ((SEE PHOTO)) I happily fell asleep, despite the singing and music.