Monday, July 22, 2019

JULY 22 2019

ONE of the first perfect pets i gave away was "donald"-- because he paced---  beautiful harlequin dog-- paced for 14 years--- in his later years his legs sometimes had other  pequiliar organizational problems.... ... not a clean cut "trot" - vets are soooo quick to say anything wrong with a danes gait  is "wobblers"  - i don't know qbout wobblers, but he certainy paced....as did a dane i gave to george myers "becky" - not haveing studied  danes orthopedic problems, all i know is  if they walk/trot wierd... they make perfect pets.  we have not had many in our 400ish pups we have produced - BUT WE HAE HAD A FEW... 
i have been blessed with many blind sides causing me to have many  opinions  often unrelated to  facts. pacing may be one of htose--  
pacing is where the friont  and back legs on the same side move forwRD TOGETHER... YOU CAN TRY IT YOURSELF--   WHAN YOU WALK NORMALLY LEFT FOOT AND RIGHT ARM SWING   FORWARDAT THE SAME TIME... TRY THE OPPOSITE  LEFT FOOT WITH  LEFT ARM-- DOESN'T "FEEL RIGHT"- AND IT CAUSES A DOG 'S SPINE TO UNDULATE  IN WHAT -- TO ME--- DOES NOT LOOK NORMAL.. 

 IN MY HALF FAST RESEARCH- I HAVE GONE TO LOOKING AT DOG SHOWS- WHEN PEOPLE TROT THERI DOGS IN FRONT OF A JUDGE--   I HAVE NEVER SEEN A "PACER" IN A DOG SHOW RING.... SO SOMEONE OTHER THAN ME MUST  NOT LIKE IT EITHER...  ANOTHER WAY TO LOOK AT IT IS...   IF YOU PAUSE TEH ACTION.....THE LEGS ON THE SAME SIDE FORM A "V"  IN A TROT--- A PACER THEY MOVE PARALELL. 

THE ONLY ANIMAL I KNOW THAT PACES NORMALLY IS A CAMEL--- THOSE PACING HORSES WEAR HOBBLES THAT MAKE THEM PACE- I DON'T KNOW WHY THEY ARE FORCED TO  DO THAT  BUT IT IS  DONE IN RACING

SO IF I DO TEH RECOMENDED PROCEDEDURER OF HAVIGN  PUPS "VETTED" . THE VET WILL GO OVER TEETH, HEART  XRAYS  ,AND THINGS LIKE THAT--- BUT I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANY VET ASK A PUP TO RUN AROUND A PARKING LOT TO SEE HOW THE PUP MOVES. 

WIHT OUR PUPS... WE TURN THEM OUT TO PLAY ON PUPPY HILL-- AND IF THERE IS ANYTHING  ODD ABOUT THE WAY THEY MOVE-- THEY BECOME PERFECT PETS...  THEY CERTAINLY CAN GET HURT ROLLING DOWN THAT HILL AND BEING KNOCKED TO SMITHERINES-  CALL IT SURVIVAL VETTING...???   AND.... I WOULD NEVER BREED A DOG THAT PACED---- TO THIS DAY.. WATCH BENTLEY TROT WITH EXTREME PRECISION...

AS I WATCH OTHER CAMERAS ABOTU PUPS FOR SALE --- OR IN TRAINING-  THERE AE ALOT OF PACERS OUT THERE.
I DON'T APPROVE... BUT WHO ASKED ME??? 
*****
TARP RAISING TIME  BEFOR IT GETS TOO HOOT
*********




Dear Carlene,
This week, I suffered a setback and ended up needing emergency surgery.  Scott and Bumble have been visiting me in the hospital several times daily.  The awe and wonder of people is astounding.  Long after the guys leave, people are roaming the halls praising Bumble’s incredible training.  He’s become a real hit here!  I’m likely having more surgery, so I’ll have another several days here.  The housekeeper brings fresh blankets for Bumble to rest on and he’s treated like a king.  We’ve handed out lots of business cards directing people to SDP’s website.  Bumble bridges gaps and elicits joy everywhere he goes.  He is a shining example of how a great SD is bred and trained.
-Lyn
*********
Greetings from Texas - think you are as hot as we are right now!  Looks like relief is on the way for MA though..........  just home after my 3 week road trip which included 3 full days at SDP in the barn/house after being a silent CP for a few years.  You've got something pretty special going there and I was thrilled to get to experience Crazy Acres hands on.   Any luck getting the fire hydrant completed with black Bentley spots for the vet?  Wish I could have finished the project.  

Thank you for the opportunity to stay at SDP and meet all the "celebrities"  (2 and 4 footed) we see on camera every day.  You've got an incredible group of people supporting your vision and cause.  Good luck with the upcoming puppy litters - I'll be keeping an eye on the cameras.  

If you ever have a retired SD that is looking for warmer climates......  or a perfect pet that likes the idea that "everything is bigger in Texas" ..........  I'm your gal:). Hope to visit again in March 2020.   Thanks for the experience Carlene.........  I've been sending out poker chips to my friends and assisted living facilities I visit.........  fingers crossed they find the website!

Take Care,

Katherine Finch